Are some wire backed Fram ultras being clearances out?

Haven’t been inside Wal Mart in while. Wondering if the old style wire backed FRAM ULTRA is being clearances out at Wal Mart. I should be able to hit mine tomorrow morning after haircut.

Thank You

I've seen they made space for the Fram Synthetic Endurance filters but I didn't ever see any filters hit the clearance rack, and if they did they'd only be wire backed if they were unpopular varieties where they still had old stock.

BiL came by to clearance my last two old style XG10575’s …
Will be cutting my first new style XG10575 soon …10k run …

Last edited:
I think finding some old wire-backed Ultras is a crap shoot. Might get lucky with some models, but seems other models have been long gone in the OG wire-backed configuration. Bring your flashlight, lol.

I think finding some old wire-backed Ultras is a crap shoot. Might get lucky with some models, but seems other models have been long gone in the OG wire-backed configuration. Bring your flashlight, lol.

I was really bad when I went to Wal Mart, I had 1 of those magnifying glasses and a small flashlight in my pocket. I did not need to use the flashlight, but when I got to my car I did use the flashlight. When this whole wired thing started I would wait till it was dark and shine a flashlight into my Fram Ultra Oil Filters to make sure they were Wired.

Was just at my 2 local Walmarts...I honestly dont think they would clearance them because I dont think the UPCs changed. So "they" are probably blissfully ignorant as to whats actually inside the box.

I found a bunch of wire-backed XG2, but someone in another thread mentioned the XG2 might not have lost its wire-backing. Seems odd, but I now have 4 years worth of OG Ultras in XG2 (I only use 1 per year). For shiggles I may go back and buy more.

I did not check the filters for my G37...its smaller and I forget the number but I doubt I get lucky with that one.

Was just at my 2 local Walmarts...I honestly dont think they would clearance them because I dont think the UPCs changed. So "they" are probably blissfully ignorant as to whats actually inside the box.

I found a bunch of wire-backed XG2, but someone in another thread mentioned the XG2 might not have lost its wire-backing. Seems odd, but I now have 4 years worth of OG Ultras in XG2 (I only use 1 per year). For shiggles I may go back and buy more.

I did not check the filters for my G37...its smaller and I forget the number but I doubt I get lucky with that one.
Good to know folks. I’ll just use up my Champ Ph 2835 filters. I’ll be darned if I pay $6~ for a 20k ST filter

Back