Fram Titanium is no longer metal screen backed. Ultra, Endurance, Titanium ALL are synthetic *blend* media.

Thanks for the info. And, that is some wonderfully deceptive corporate jargon.

I have a couple FE7317’s (purchased this week) that just say “Fully Synthetic media’ on the box. Nothing about a blend. No * leading you to fine print on the box. Nothing.

Maybe I got some rare FE cans that are stuffed with fully synthetic, non-blended media, and I’m sitting on a gold mine. 😂

I’m sure the filters are perfectly fine for the intervals stated by the mfr. But, that makes the deception even more puzzling.

Is there a wire backed, 100% synthetic media filter on the market regardless of price for applications requiring the 7317 sized filter?
This goes right inline with Fram advertising "Wire Backing" shown on the boxes but the newer Ultra's were inside the box which are not wire backed. One must be very cautious when exchanging money with products.

Email from Fram said the Endurance was a synthetic blend, and that is also said on Fram's website.

View attachment 177272

I think they might of screwed up on that section and/or the customer service person not emailing the right data but maybe not... Either that or they screwed up on all other areas of info because the box and the main section on the website show as below:

Screenshot 2023-09-07 10.08.47 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-07 10.16.57 AM.jpg

Last edited:
This goes right inline with Fram advertising "Wire Backing" shown on the boxes but the newer Ultra's were inside the box which are not wire backed. One must be very cautious when exchanging money with products.
Think that was more along the lines of Fram changing the filter and using up old boxes. The box changed later to reflect the filter change.

^^^ Not the first time there was conflicting information from Fram. They need better technical and marketing managers that work together, lol.

And who knows.. there is the possibility they are screwing up on the box and main section on the website. . . but then we have to consider this below.. as I have never seen synthetic blend looking like this white typical full synthetic media that is from an Endurance on this thread here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/fram-endurance-opened.366392/

img_20230312_053243169_hdr-jpg.144571

Think that was more along the lines of Fram changing the filter and using up old boxes. The box changed later to reflect the filter change.
I think that was a fact of the transition yes but it bears repeating b/c there is going to be old stock still being sold as such. For how much longer I don't know but the fact it happened is shameful and a spit in the face for their premium filter buyers.

It's Scammish type behavior and I guarantee they knew exactly what they were doing but they also knew majority wouldn't notice it. I did notice and I'm not happy about that one. It may not be the last you hear me say it. Get your Fram suite on 🤣. Lol

I think that was a fact of the transition yes but it bears repeating b/c there is going to be old stock still being sold as such. For how much longer I don't know but the fact it happened is shameful and a spit in the face for their premium filter buyers.

I think they might of screwed up on that section and/or the customer service person not emailing the right data but maybe not... Either that or they screwed up on all other areas of info because the box and the main section on the website show as below:

View attachment 177333View attachment 177334

It's Scammish type behavior and I guarantee they knew exactly what they were doing but they also knew majority wouldn't notice it. I did notice and I'm not happy about that one. It may not be the last you hear me say it. Get your Fram suite on 🤣. Lol
Interesting. I’ll grab a picture when I get home, but I think the ones I bought this week even reference the “synthetic microglass media.”

And, I’m with you on the scammy behavior. Its an insult to their customers.

And who knows.. there is the possibility they are screwing up on the box and main section on the website. . . but then we have to consider this below.. as I have never seen synthetic blend looking like this white typical full synthetic media that is from an Endurance on this thread here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/fram-endurance-opened.366392/

img_20230312_053243169_hdr-jpg.144571
Yes, the white media is synthetic, not blend.

FRAM's been all over the map with the "blend" language, started when they began deflowering the Ultra and moving it to an actual blend media with a synthetic "topper". This was further confused by the Titanium originally being the OG Ultra with a different baseplate, and then also getting moved to the new, lower cost, media.

Then, they introduced the Endurance, which is fully synthetic media yet again, but not the same media they were using in the OG Ultra. Likely a Champ Labs product they inherited, and is what's used in the Royal Purple and AMSOIL EaO filters (speculating).

Other than the $4 price hike I see no logic behind this new filter it gives the same efficiency rating now if had gone to say 99 plus percent at 10 microns they may have had some solid ground to stand on but it didn't. I'm not looking at this as a positive move for their customer but their wallets! Hype buys your customer nothing.

Attachments

• Hype.jpg
    Hype.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2
Other than the $4 price hike I see no logic behind this new filter it gives the same efficiency rating now if had gone to say 99 plus percent at 10 microns they may have had some solid ground to stand on but it didn't. I'm not looking at this as a positive move for their customer but their wallets! Hype buys your customer nothing.
Think it's a small step up from the new Ultra even though the efficiency is the same, because: 1) It's full synthetic with a wire-backing, and 2) It's rated for 25K vs 20K miles.

Fram has added total confusion to it's line of filters for no reason. It was so simple before. I think there is a reason..smoke and mirrors..

I have some of the original Ultras and after they are gone I won't go back to Fram.

Fram is just like Ford.
When things are good they just can't help themselves but to screw everything up.

I plucked these off the shelf this week.

Anyone know how to decipher the date code? The other filter says A30462

Here’s the box that references the “Synthetic microglass media.”
IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg

I plucked these off the shelf this week.

Here’s the box that references the “Synthetic microglass media.”View attachment 177365View attachment 177366
Here's how you do it!

Checkout the thread link above for date code reading. That Fram date code means it was made on the 46th day of 2023.

Here's how you do it!

Thanks! And, I must be blind. lol

I see now that the thread is tacked to the top of the page.

Checkout the thread link above for date code reading. That Fram date code means it was made on the 46th day of 2023.
Looks like all of mine have been sitting on a shelf for a while. And, if they have recently changed to a “Full Synthetic” blend media, I just lucked out and got some older stock with the Fuller Full Synthetic media. 🫠

^^^ Not the first time there was conflicting information from Fram. They need better technical and marketing managers that work together, lol.
I agree with you.

I my view they are the most transparent about their products on both their web site and point of sale packaging so they aren't trying to misrepresent. Because of this transparency, when product changes occur, updates to the website and the updates to the packaging are difficult to time perfectly and they'll be a mismatch until inventory is used up. Unfortunately throwing away a lot of good packaging is not a good option.

Looks like all of mine have been sitting on a shelf for a while. And, if they have recently changed to a “Full Synthetic” blend media, I just lucked out and got some older stock with the Fuller Full Synthetic media. 🫠
Interesting ... so the new Fram Endurance boxes say "Fully Synthetic Blend Media" like Fram's website? Frankly, there's nothing wrong with a synthetic blend, but I have to think it's mostly full synthetic since it still needs the wire backing. Could maybe also be why the Fram Endurance is rated a little higher in efficiency than it's sister Royal Purple. Fram seems to be good at designing media that is pretty efficient.

Back