Apple juice from China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Originally Posted By: Claud
But food grown and reared the old fashioned way, and nor riddled with pesticides, is available at a price in the UK, including London.

Claud.

yea ok.....but is it ready available at every local market/shop or do you have to spend half of your free time after your job to find that food?
smile.gif

Local stores don't sell oranges?

$_35.JPG

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Originally Posted By: callbay
Would that bother you to drink orange juice from China knowing all the things we know about that country?

I try to avoid imported foods, especially from countries and regions with history of safety problems. Whisky and cheese are another story.

However, the average Walmart shopper is going to pay $1.99 for imported OJ from concentrate over the $4+ domestic fresh-squeezed juice of domestic origin. You’re buying the Supertech of orange juice.

I see that you’ve edited the post and switched orange to apple since I typed this, but the content of my comment still applies.

+1. Especially China.

Love Chinese food; would love to visit China; have many Chinese friends. But food and cars (and most anything else that can be avoided)? No thanks...

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Originally Posted By: philipp10
Yes those "poor people" in China. They are dying off everyday from bad apple juice....lol. I have traveled over there extensively. 1.4 billion people seem to be doing just fine...and in many ways better. I don't see any of the obesity there that I do here. The women all look great well into their 50's....figure it out, we should be eating what they are eating.

The socio-economic status of individual Chinese people is inconsequential. The fact that they have very different food processing standards is where the concern is. We're talking about allowed pesticides and concentrations of such, as well as other unintentional additives finding their way into the juice.
Basically this:
Quote:
Arsenic is not the only concern. An article in The Journal of Environmental Health, January 2012, concluded that China has poor environmental and waste management practices, excessive application of chemicals and fertilizer, counterfeit operations, lack of education regarding proper chemical application procedures, and lack of government and food safety regulations to develop and enforce food safety regulations.

Concentrating is also a concern because some of the pesiticides are not volatile and can simply increase in concentration proportionally to the amount of water removed.

Yeah and what about the fight by Monsanto against labeling GMO's? All we asked for was labeling and they wouldn't even do that. These scumbags are behind all the glosphate use. Then there are all the mis-fires in what is good and bad for you. I lived though the 1970's eat transfats, not butter period. Then I watched food companies cut all the fat, replacing it with sugar. Have there been some scandals from China? Yes. But if the food is processed and high is sugar, it's from the US. Look it up, the US is one of the highest in fat AND sugar consumption. Guess which country has the lowest sugar and on the low side for fat.....

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

You're comparing apples to oranges!
+1 !

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Yes those "poor people" in China. They are dying off everyday from bad apple juice....lol. I have traveled over there extensively. 1.4 billion people seem to be doing just fine...and in many ways better. I don't see any of the obesity there that I do here. The women all look great well into their 50's....figure it out, we should be eating what they are eating.

The socio-economic status of individual Chinese people is inconsequential. The fact that they have very different food processing standards is where the concern is. We're talking about allowed pesticides and concentrations of such, as well as other unintentional additives finding their way into the juice.
Basically this:
Quote:
Arsenic is not the only concern. An article in The Journal of Environmental Health, January 2012, concluded that China has poor environmental and waste management practices, excessive application of chemicals and fertilizer, counterfeit operations, lack of education regarding proper chemical application procedures, and lack of government and food safety regulations to develop and enforce food safety regulations.

Concentrating is also a concern because some of the pesiticides are not volatile and can simply increase in concentration proportionally to the amount of water removed.

Yeah and what about the fight by Monsanto against labeling GMO's? All we asked for was labeling and they wouldn't even do that. These scumbags are behind all the glosphate use. Then there are all the mis-fires in what is good and bad for you. I lived though the 1970's eat transfats, not butter period. Then I watched food companies cut all the fat, replacing it with sugar. Have there been some scandals from China? Yes. But if the food is processed and high is sugar, it's from the US. Look it up, the US is one of the highest in fat AND sugar consumption. Guess which country has the lowest sugar and on the low side for fat.....

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

Live in Seattle. On top of a 10% sales tax they added a 1.75¢ tax per oz for soda pop.

Now nobody buys pop in Seattle. They go outside the city limits and smuggle it back in. Big Nanny state at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back