9006/9005 to 9012/9011 bulbs

I really like the HID 4300/5000K light in projectors, ON DRY ROADS. Once things get wet, I personally have a much harder time making out lane lines and the edge of the road due to the glare. I have had about 6 different H7 bulbs, from Philips Nightbreakers and Osram Rallyes (too short of bulb life), then on to a VVME 55W 5000K HID (terrible ignition stutter in the winter, glare when roadway was wet), then to some Hikari "9600" lumen LEDs (terrible aim point, terrible illumination from driver's seat, terrible glare to oncoming traffic), and now back to a set of EvoFormance Alfas (decent output but not revolutionary by any means). High beams I did the Nightbreakers or whatever it was rated at 150%, and came back to AC Delco 9011s. I have a much better time with the warmer light in adverse conditions, and other than color rendering, the 9011s give up very, very little over the stupidly bright output of the 55W HIDs. The EvoFormance Alfas are not quite as bright as what I was hoping, but since I live out in the middle of nowhere and can fire up the 9011s for about 70% of my commute, it's not too bad.

Now, if I could just find a better replacement for the H7 low beams that were on par with the 9011s...
Yup, 4300 > * but even 5000K > 5000K+

I really like the HID 4300/5000K light in projectors, ON DRY ROADS. Once things get wet, I personally have a much harder time making out lane lines and the edge of the road due to the glare. I have had about 6 different H7 bulbs, from Philips Nightbreakers and Osram Rallyes (too short of bulb life), then on to a VVME 55W 5000K HID (terrible ignition stutter in the winter, glare when roadway was wet), then to some Hikari "9600" lumen LEDs (terrible aim point, terrible illumination from driver's seat, terrible glare to oncoming traffic), and now back to a set of EvoFormance Alfas (decent output but not revolutionary by any means). High beams I did the Nightbreakers or whatever it was rated at 150%, and came back to AC Delco 9011s. I have a much better time with the warmer light in adverse conditions, and other than color rendering, the 9011s give up very, very little over the stupidly bright output of the 55W HIDs. The EvoFormance Alfas are not quite as bright as what I was hoping, but since I live out in the middle of nowhere and can fire up the 9011s for about 70% of my commute, it's not too bad.

Now, if I could just find a better replacement for the H7 low beams that were on par with the 9011s...
Haha, funny thing.
DO NOT use the EvoFormance Alphas without the supplied "pigtail" adapters at a bare minimum... or better yet, not at all. The driver bulb finally burned out, and when I squeezed the plug and yanked on the bulb... the entire plug completely crumbled in my hands from the heat of the amp draw of the Alphas. I just used the bare terminals but I have to now cut and splice a new ceramic plug onto the headlight wiring. The passenger side did come out without breaking the plug but the wiring was very stiff... like the individual conductors may have melted internally for about the last inch of the wires.

Not cool, Baxter! Lesson learned.

Back