Amazon Headlight Bulb Shipping

Thought people would like to see how Amazon shipped a pair of 9006 headlight bulbs to me the other day. If I didn't need them to replace the blown-out ones in the 2003 Accord (The wife was threatening to steal Acura to drive to work.....nope), these would be going back to them. They work, but who knows how much banging around they did inside the plastic Amazon bag they were inside of. No padding, no bubble wrap, no original package. Sold by and shipped by Amazon.

For $17 I'm not going to stress it, but....sheesh.

IMG_20230506_135711247.jpg
IMG_20230506_135704128.jpg

That's how they at least sometimes ship spinny hard drives.
Never gotten one of those that wasn't in a box, but it's been about a year since I had to re-drive my NAS.

A drive would definitely get shipped back, platter-based one that is. SSD, probably not.

Never gotten one of those that wasn't in a box, but it's been about a year since I had to re-drive my NAS.

A drive would definitely get shipped back, platter-based one that is. SSD, probably not.
The drive did go right back. Since then I have been buying HDs only at a local store.

Idk. In my opinion bulbs get a lot of abuse in the headlight housing just driving around. This isn’t optimal shipping but as long as the filament is ok i would use them.

A return, quality inspected and sent back out again. :p

Yep, those are returns, as evidenced by the LPN sticker and lack of original packaging. They should have ended up as a Warehouse item, not shipped out as new.

I wouldn't worry about potential shipping damage, though. Philips' European packaging is not blister packs, but hard plastic boxes. Those packages are notorious for poor mounts, allowing the bulbs to break loose and rattle around inside of the box during shipping.

I have a pair that has been in use for years.

Well, the bulbs are still working, so there's that. I'd forgotten all about it until this thread showed up underneath another one I was reading this evening.

LOL BITOG sure has been harping on bad packaging lately.

I got a junkyard alternator from eBay that didn't quite fit in a priority mail flat rate box, so they footballed it with tons of tape. Still works fine.

Amazon has reached the tipping point for me where they just arent worth the hassle.
I'm a big Amazon customer but just bought a coil and plugs from RA. Got burned with counterfeit plugs off Amazon a couple years ago.

I would send those back. Tell them you want bulbs in OEM packaging, just like it is shown in the ad.

It looks very suspicious, when they don't have them in the original packaging. If I were to put odds on it, I'd give you 6 to 1 that those are counterfeit.

I would send those back. Tell them you want bulbs in OEM packaging, just like it is shown in the ad.

It looks very suspicious, when they don't have them in the original packaging. If I were to put odds on it, I'd give you 6 to 1 that those are counterfeit.

It was May of last year. I kept them and they're still working. Needed them and didn't have time to fool around with sending them back.

Back