21 Ridgeline

Best of luck with it.
Any details available like color, optional equipment or previous ownership (odometer, service history)
I saw a sharp looking, later year Ridgeline this morning. 2017? The chunkiness was reduced.

Congrats on the new truck. Just a friendly FYI, no matter what OCI you decide to follow, let the maintenance minder count down to the point that it requests the oil change each time because there are other service codes the oil change will trigger like transmission fluid change, and rear axle oil change if it is AWD. If you change oil early and reset the maintenance minder before it expires it will NEVER ask for those other service items. And this is one vehicle that may start acting up if you skip the trans oil change. Don't ask me how I know all this.

I sold several 2021 Ridgelines when I worked for Honda last year. It is a very good vehicle and yes it is a TRUCK. I know many insecure people who can't get over the fact that this is a truck though it may not fall under their definition of what a "real truck" might be. I am of the opinion that a "real truck" is usually something that is compensating for something else 🙃

I sold several 2021 Ridgelines when I worked for Honda last year. It is a very good vehicle and yes it is a TRUCK. I know many insecure people who can't get over the fact that this is a truck though it may not fall under their definition of what a "real truck" might be. I am of the opinion that a "real truck" is usually something that is compensating for something else 🙃
Especially if it's a real big truck.

And maybe a "real truck" is necessary when a moderately sized travel trailer exceeds the Ridgeline "truck's" limits. Our "real truck" tows our current trailer so nicely that Mrs. AZ likes taking her turn driving. A Ridgeline will be on our radar when traveling days are over.

Congrats on the new truck. Just a friendly FYI, no matter what OCI you decide to follow, let the maintenance minder count down to the point that it requests the oil change each time because there are other service codes the oil change will trigger like transmission fluid change, and rear axle oil change if it is AWD. If you change oil early and reset the maintenance minder before it expires it will NEVER ask for those other service items. And this is one vehicle that may start acting up if you skip the trans oil change. Don't ask me how I know all this.
Or just run his own OCI on trans and diff fluids as well...chances are if he's deviating and going out on his own engine OCI plan he's doing it on everything else.

To the OP: congrats on buying the truck that most truck buyers should buy but don't 😊

No doubt the Ridgeline was designed by a chick as it clearly has a bit too much of a feminine look.

No doubt the Ridgeline was designed by a chick as it clearly has a bit too much of a feminine look.
And yet, for most suburbanites who want a truck for the Home Depot run, it's more than sufficient.
Run a cattle farm in Montana, probably not. But the trucks for that are overkill for most suburban motorists.
People are free to buy what they want. But some decisions make you go hmmm.

Best of luck with it.
Any details available like color, optional equipment or previous ownership (odometer, service history)
I saw a sharp looking, later year Ridgeline this morning. 2017? The chunkiness was reduced.
It’s Gray, RTL-E, AWD, Honda corporate vehicle, certified preowned with extended warranty, and more gadgets than my previous vehicles ever had. I will post some photos soon.
So far I have driven about 60 miles and absolutely amazed at how it performs.

I could see one of these, a ranger, or maverick in my future when we are done towing the TT around.

So far I have driven it 350 miles combined city/highway and averaged 25 mpg. Without question it is the most comfortable to drive of any vehicle I’ve had.
The build quality, performance, and comfort are leaps and bounds ahead of the Shanghai/general motors Colorado company truck I drive.

Love my Ridgeline. Best all round vehicle I've ever owned.

Take a 21ft boat to the lake in 100+ degree weather.
Take 4 people to dinner.
Grab a bale of hay, 2x4's, 4x8 plywood sheets on the way home from work.
Going from dry pavement AWD and M&S give you better than 1st level chain control in a blizzard.
Need to do some light offroading at the far end of a 1000 Mile road trip no prob.
Need to do some fairly spunky mountain driving - its the king of trucks.Empty it out and really push it - its really fun and controllable.

Got some time to kill? drive her like Grandpa and shell give you 30mpg.

Last edited:
Love my Ridgeline. Best all round vehicle I've ever owned.

Take a 21ft boat to the lake in 100+ degree weather.
Take 4 people to dinner.
Grab a bale of hay, 2x4's, 4x8 plywood sheets on the way home from work.
Going from dry pavement AWD and M&S give you better than 1st level chain control in a blizzard.
Need to do some light offroading at the far end of a 1000 Mile road trip no prob.
Need to do some fairly spunky mountain driving - its the king of trucks.Empty it out and really push it - its really fun and controllable.

Got some time to kill? drive her like Grandpa and shell give you 30mpg.

Facts. I absolutely love my 2019 Ridgeline. It’s also an absolute breeze to do fluid exchanges on it on ramps. A 17mm wrench and a 3/8 ratchet wrench w/extension is all I need to change the oil, transmission fluid, rear diff and transfer case.

i'm a honda fanboy and no it's not a truck....transverse v6 unibody and all... i don't think so....it's not in the same class as the domestic 1/2tons...that being said the ridgeline is all I would need, but to think it's above and beyond something it isn't is crazy...

Back