2005 toyota camry 4cy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struts, shocks, rear link bushings, front CV and bearings..

Get it on a lift.

Terrible driving cars, but good for a kids first if that's what it is.

I don't recall what years had the E throttle pedal issues.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I don't recall what years had the E throttle pedal issues.

Not familiar with that issue, but I know the mechanical cable on my '99 likes to stick (closed). I keep meaning to look for some pivot point to lubricate; I suspect the problem is under the dashboard, someplace.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
I've done quite a few head gasket jobs on 2AZ-FE engines & had to Time-Sert the head bolt threads on more than a few. Then you have the oil burning issues.
HG issues may be a hot climate thing for all I know?

The 1MZ-FE/3MZ-FE V6's was the bulletproof engines for that year model.

I think the head bolt issue is mostly on the earlier 2AZ's. By 05 those are usually not problematic.

The oil drinking 2AZ's are the ones that took 5w20/0w20, those were not introduced into the Camry until 2007.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Struts, shocks, rear link bushings, front CV and bearings..

Koni makes shocks for the 5th gen Camry
19.gif

Originally Posted by The Critic
I've done quite a few head gasket jobs on 2AZ-FE engines & had to Time-Sert the head bolt threads on more than a few. Then you have the oil burning issues.
HG issues may be a hot climate thing for all I know?

The 1MZ-FE/3MZ-FE V6's was the bulletproof engines for that year model.

I think the head bolt issue is mostly on the earlier 2AZ's. By 05 those are usually not problematic.

The oil drinking 2AZ's are the ones that took 5w20/0w20, those were not introduced into the Camry until 2007.

I've done HG jobs '05 '06 & '07 2AZ Rav4 & Highlanders. For whatever that's worth.....Not sure I'd I call it widespread or problematic.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

I HATE the 1MZ :mad
You make that abundantly clear every time a 1MZ is mentioned
lol.gif

And I've gotten over 400K on mine with no abnormal consumption or other weirdness yet
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back