'19 BMW X3 2.0 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MCompact
BMW free maintenance is no longer transferable to a subsequent owner.

Seriously? When did that happen?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Seriously? When did that happen?

It applies to new BMWs sold from July 1st 2015 on. I dodged a bullet as it didn't apply to my 2er when I bought it in January 2016.

Originally Posted by tc1446
Took a quick look today at '19 X3; too tired after test driving a Lexus ux250H hybrid and an Acura RDX. The X3 was immaculate inside and out on showroom floor. It is a BMW Certified vehicle with remainder of 4 year Warranty (3 years). Other stuff thrown in like most dealers, lifetime washes, 3 Synthetic oil/filter changes.., etc. Going back Monday to test drive it.

Any big "CON's" on this model?

What MCompact told you. Be aware, BMW dealership will tell you that you do not have to change transmission fluid. Never do flush! Do filter/pan and fluid change using ZF fluid. Change transfer case fluid as well as differentials. All that could be done by good indy that knows BMW's. Change brake fuid every 3 years.
Stick to LL01 oils.

Thanks all. Sales Mngr went over oil changes and recommended 7500 on syn oil. I didn't ask about rest as I always change xmsn fluids early and often...every 40K or more often on Accord. 3 changes now at 120K miles. Did Kia at 30K but likely to trade it in on whatever we get.

Doubt seriously it will ever go back to dealer after the freebies. I like to buy my own oil/filters and have a trusted shop do it. I do keep good records. Will go over that with Sales if I get serious bout it. Sure did love the bright Silver; be fun to wax..LOL They claimed it had been owned (leased) exclusively by one of their people. 5300 miles on it; bought last May, so a year of the warranty is gone.

Wow, the US really is getting cheap with their included maintenance. Here in Canada, it is still 4 years/80k regardless of ownership.

The only common issues we see on the X3 is they tend to really eat up the front tires. I try to reduce the front the front toe to the absolute minimum of spec, but that seems to only reduce the issue, not eliminate it.

No red flags at all, they are solid. I would go beyond BMWs service regimen and change the coolant every two years as well as change the transfer case fluid, ATF, and final drive oil at 60k miles, but that's it. They are even fun to drive; I've been tempted by more than one M40i.
The B48 I4 is a great engine and the ZF 8HP is about the best automatic available. Me, I would want the M Sport, Adaptive LEDs, Cold Weather Package, and H-K sound. Regardless, they are outstanding vehicles- the X3 is the sweet spot of BMW SUVs.

THIS.

Originally Posted by mightymousetech
The only common issues we see on the X3 is they tend to really eat up the front tires. I try to reduce the front the front toe to the absolute minimum of spec, but that seems to only reduce the issue, not eliminate it.

Can the 1 liter of fluid or whatever minuscule amount found in the front transfer case be changed? I remember reading that there's no drain plug and the unit has to actually be removed to change the fluid.

We've owned three X3's since 2014, with the latest being a 2020 X3 30iXdrive (what a mouthful!). Nothing but stellar performance and no maintenance issues at all. Assuming it wasn't beaten, and received decent maintenance, should be a great vehicle!

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
mightymousetech said:

Can the 1 liter of fluid or whatever minuscule amount found in the front transfer case be changed? I remember reading that there's no drain plug and the unit has to actually be removed to change the

You can use a pump to remove the old fluid and then put new in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back