An American Dentist Killed Zimbabwe’s Famous Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Why do you hate on others that have dissimilar values to yours?

Why do others hate on people who are against hunting?

No one that hunts said anything negative about those who don't. Mainly folks hammered your nonsensical ideas with respect to hunting. We shot the message..not the messenger.

I don't even hunt. I'm not a big meat eater, and don't like the taste of "gamey" meat at all, so it really doesn't offer anything for me. I am a gun owner and like to target shoot, but my gun has only ever shot inanimate objects.

And I get that when I eat meat, something still got killed to make that happen. I don't understand the out of sight, out of mind = no "guilt" argument.

This is so sad.. What is wrong with that guy,... Im sure he will remember this forever. He deserves whatever he gets. I am not a hunter either but i am a gun owner and use it for target practice only and of course to protect my Family, Home And Business..

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
This is so sad.. What is wrong with that guy,... Im sure he will remember this forever. He deserves whatever he gets. I am not a hunter either but i am a gun owner and use it for target practice only and of course to protect my Family, Home And Business..

No, he doesn't care, all he want is the lion head and skin to display in his home. If you felt terrible about killing this lion, he should not cut the head and skin it. He and his guides should report to authorities about the mistake, but they tried to hide the collar and hoped that nobody find out.

Remember, he did an illegal killing of a bear in Wisconsin and now he killed this magnificent lion illegally.

He has money and an ego that only killing big games will satisfy his thirst for blood.

He should be extradited to Zimbabwe to stand trial for his illegal act.

I don't hunt, I don't even own a gun. But I respect hunters for their activities. I understand hunting for food and also understand trophy hunting of big games may do more good in preserving endanger species in Africa if done legally and according to the ethic of sportsman.

Last edited:
Saw a link where it mentioned how the Zimbabweans didnt even care about the lion and that they have more important things to worry about.

We really are the laughing stock of the world..

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Saw a link where it mentioned how the Zimbabweans didnt even care about the lion and that they have more important things to worry about.

We really are the laughing stock of the world..

You best look at some other links.

They want to extradite him. I wonder about the universes some of you guys exist in. redneckaverse

The most liberal, hand wringing, fraidy hole hiding judge in this country would not send somebody to stand "trial" in a third world dunghole like Mugabeland.

Besides, the feds have enough vague laws on the books to prosecute anybody for anything if that's what they want to do.

I am sure that he won't be sent to the "third world" to face charges.
He, however, will have to spend a lot of money to keep his sorry a-- out of the 3rd world!
I hope that he has to spend every nickle he has and spends the rest of his days homeless!

turtlevette They want to extradite him. I wonder about the universes some of you guys exist in. redneckaverse [/quote said:
When I hunt I typically pas up most of my shots (with a gun), I am out there just to enjoy seeing the wildlife and game.

But you have spurred me on to take a couple of more birds. So your ranting just cost you a couple of extra game birds. I will enjoy eating them immensely. More than you enjoy eating the beef given up by a cow who lived in inhuman conditions just so you could have your perfect steak (cold in the middle).

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
I am sure that he won't be sent to the "third world" to face charges.
He, however, will have to spend a lot of money to keep his sorry a-- out of the 3rd world!
I hope that he has to spend every nickle he has and spends the rest of his days homeless!

Psychotic.

Redneckaverse?

If we were all effete elites, who would there be to look down one's nose at?

Here's to all the guys who do the sweaty hot jobs, do it well, and don't think they're better than everyone else.

Originally Posted By: Win
Redneckaverse?

If we were all effete elites, who would there be to look down one's nose at?

Here's to all the guys who do the sweaty hot jobs, do it well, and don't think they're better than everyone else.

It is really funny (or on second thought, maybe it is not) that some here are free to use what could be considered to be racial, ethnic, or class based slurs against other people but it would be a different story if other groups were to be slurred in any way. I would get in big trouble, and quite possible be banned, if I used a slur against a certain group of people. But apparently it is okay for the term 'redneck' to be used.

When did redneck become a slur? I thought all of those "For Rednecks By Rednecks" stickers were celebrating redneck lifestyle.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
It is really funny (or on second thought, maybe it is not) that some here are free to use what could be considered to be racial, ethnic, or class based slurs against other people but it would be a different story if other groups were to be slurred in any way. I would get in big trouble, and quite possible be banned, if I used a slur against a certain group of people. But apparently it is okay for the term 'redneck' to be used.

Which "racial, ethnic, or class based slur" are you talking about?

"redneckaverse" by turtlevette

or

"effete elites" by Win

Btw there is a poster who recently used the "n" word but it was automatically censored so it went by largely unnoticed. So, depending on which slur you had in mind to use yourself, you might not get into any trouble at all.

Originally Posted By: Al

They want to extradite him. I wonder about the universes some of you guys exist in. redneckaverse

But you have spurred me on to take a couple of more birds. So your ranting just cost you a couple of extra game birds.

Wow you really think highly of me. I didn't create the birds. God did. To kill out of anger and frustration is against the laws of God. But that is the root of much hunting. Not all hunting but a lot. This sorta proves my point about hunting.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Benito

or

"effete elites" by Win

Btw there is a poster who recently used the "n" word but it was automatically censored so it went by largely unnoticed. So, depending on which slur you had in mind to use yourself, you might not get into any trouble at all.

I see you are still following me around-Benito. Do you miss me when I don't post for a while? I appreciate how you apparently are so impressed by my posts.

Originally Posted By: Benito

or

"effete elites" by Win

I see you are still following me around-Benito. Do you miss me when I don't post for a while? I appreciate how you apparently are so impressed by my posts.

I'd be even more impressed if you'd answer my question!

21.gif

I am more inclined to debate with posters here who impress me.

Yeah I remember the last time. I'm getting the impression that you're quite the petulant child.

Oh well, I guess I know to stay away in future.

You having some trouble with spelling or comprehension Benito? It is flash mob. Look it up on Google. Or since you were asking advice about Bing vs Google, look it up on both those search engines and compare.

Flash mob is spelled with an 'a.'

Flesh is spelled with an 'e.'

It has nothing to do with whether I eat meat. I'll eat you guys under the table. It has to do with preserving nature.

You do come across as a preservationist vs. a conservationist, and that is o.k.. John Muir was an effective preservationist.

When using the term "nature" does your preservation philosophy carry over to other aspects of natural resources? I.E., do you dislike the use of toilet paper because it requires tree harvesting? - an honest question. Or, does it just revolve around animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back