Bank Fraud

I had a car loan with a very large national bank in 2009. I also had a mortgage with them. I shall not mention the name but they have a famous American Western icon for a corporate logo. About a month ago I received two letters from this bank which alerted me that I was entitled to a payment from them because I was identified as a member of a class harmed by their bank practice. All that was required to do was call the number provided and give some information and my settlement would be mailed. I tossed the two letters in the trash suspecting it was a scam. After thinking about the slender possibility it might be legitimate I retreived the letters and called.

The rest of the story/details aren't important. Still skeptical I checked with the local branch office in town and the bank employee allayed my fear and in fact revealed he had received a similar letter. The combination offering from both letters would probably be enough to buy me a new set of premium tires for my vehicle. I've been researching this and most are getting way more than I was promised.

Has anybody else been involved in this? If you were, you know what it is about. Did you get an equitable settlement? Did you have to go to remediation?

I had a car loan with a very large national bank in 2009. I also had a mortgage with them. I shall not mention the name but they have a famous American Western icon for a corporate logo. About a month ago I received two letters from this bank which alerted me that I was entitled to a payment from them because I was identified as a member of a class harmed by their bank practice. All that was required to do was call the number provided and give some information and my settlement would be mailed. I tossed the two letters in the trash suspecting it was a scam. After thinking about the slender possibility it might be legitimate I retreived the letters and called.

The rest of the story/details aren't important. Still skeptical I checked with the local branch office in town and the bank employee allayed my fear and in fact revealed he had received a similar letter. The combination offering from both letters would probably be enough to buy me a new set of premium tires for my vehicle. I've been researching this and most are getting way more than I was promised.

Has anybody else been involved in this? If you were, you know what it is about. Did you get an equitable settlement? Did you have to go to remediation?
In another life my wife worked for that bank and she was even in the “advisors” group. That co was the first time I learned about a HRA (no choice they were switching to it). Funny that’s a Minneapolis bank that took over the SF bank and kept the other banks name because their name, iconic coach, and their reputation of robbery all fit the new entity well.

Isn’t this related to Liz Warren trouncing the CEO who blamed the fraud on $12/hr workers…

Doesn't apply to me but WF engaged in some very shady business and banking practices. Don't deal with them as financial advisors or in any other capacity. I once had to speak with their phone reps, they were completely inept and should have never been hired.

• Love
Reactions: D60
Yes, a couple of years back I got a nice little sum from them. Several hundred dollars for a series of car loans and a brief mortgage that they sold after a few months.

I thought they had paid everyone by now.

You dont have to do anything other then follow instructions to get a piece.
Just to a search with the terms class action settlement Wells Fargo. There are many. Since you mentioned Auto and Mortgage here is just one of many, in this one of many 2 billion dollars is being handed out, all you need to do is let them know you exist in many cases.
Im not reading up on specifics and be careful you are not being scammed and make sure you are sure who you are talking to, which can mean independantly confirming phone numbers and contact info.

Last edited:
Back