Ford F150 Quaker State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guy on an F-150 forum tell me that I was ruining my engine by putting Quaker State in it (Even though he uses Pennzoil, which is made by the same people
lol.gif
)Anyways, he recommended Pennzoil or Mobil 1. Should I switch?
confused.gif

Sounds to me like maybe you should switch F-150 forums instead. QS is a great oil with an excellent add pack. You can use it with complete confidence.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
Sounds to me like maybe you should switch F-150 forums instead. QS is a great oil with an excellent add pack. You can use it with complete confidence.

+1 QS is a fine oil use with confidence.

Ha funny this question comes up, Yesterday at work I had a conversation with a regular customer of ours who has a 95 f-150 5.0L with 1 million,300K miles. He has only used Quaker State only for the life of the truck. Its the original motor and trans he just does 90% highway driving in his truck and changes oil and filter every month, and trans filter and fluid every 3 months. His maintenance schedule is a bit obsessive in my opinion but its obviously worked for him. So anyways I think Quaker State is ok for a F-150 lol , maybe you should switch F-150 forums.

QS one of the most under-rated brand name oils, especially QSUD. Use with total confidence, but follow a reasonable oil change schedule as with any oil. Depending on your driving habits of course.

i was at an engine rebuilding seminar last may and the three instructors said the only oil they would use for their engines is valvoline..
Personally i use conoco phillips that we get in the drums, i used to use pennzoil but since the price went up i use our bulk oil we get in the drums and the uoa's are great even at 5000 miles.. we put conoco oils in every engine we build and never had an oil related problem..

as much as i respect q-state, with his oci wouldnt any oil have done this? (the guy with the high millage f-150)

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Quaker State DID have problems.....in 1981.

They had one problem in 1981. Their largest blending plant at that time poured in the wrong pour point depressant when blending an extremely large batch of 10W-40 and the stuff turned to jello below 30F. Being the reputable company they were (and back then they were my largest competitor) they bought a lot of engines. They fired the blender and moved on.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
as much as i respect q-state, with his oci wouldnt any oil have done this? (the guy with the high millage f-150)

Yeah any API oil would protect like the QS in his truck , just kinda blows the whole QS will kill your motor myth. He travels to miami every week for business from SC so thats where the miles racked up in his truck so changing the oil every month makes sense.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
They had one problem in 1981. Their largest blending plant at that time poured in the wrong pour point depressant when blending an extremely large batch of 10W-40 and the stuff turned to jello below 30F. Being the reputable company they were (and back then they were my largest competitor) they bought a lot of engines. They fired the blender and moved on.

Yep. I ran QS conventional 10w-30 for fleet usage for combined mileage in the millions through the 1980s and beyond. I agree with other posters that the switch in forums might be more appropriate than a switch in oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back