Oil for 2022 Gladiator with 3rd Gen 3.0L EcoDiesel

No they don’t. When ypu use “meets” and something happens to ypur engine, warranty can be declined!
Unfortunately, OEM's find all sorts of reasons to deny warranty. I've seen others respond to such posts saying there is no worry about it b/c they'd have to prove the oil was at fault. That being said I'd want to cover my behind on a new auto w/oil the OEM said was ok for warranty. That's what the OP should do to get a good answer from the manufacturer about this Triax oil.

Unfortunately, OEM's find all sorts of reasons to deny warranty. I've seen others respond to such posts saying there is no worry about it b/c they'd have to prove the oil was at fault. That being said I'd want to cover my behind on a new auto w/oil the OEM said was ok for warranty. That's what the OP should do to get a good answer from the manufacturer about this Triax oil.
Triax doesn’t decide what manufacturer would do. Their oils are NOT approved!!!

Triax doesn’t decide what manufacturer would do. Their oils are NOT approved!!!
If any of Triax's oils "Meet" MS-12991 & SN or SP would cover manufacturer warranty in this scenario. See how the manufacturer uses the word "Meets" & not "Approved"?

36643261-45A2-4003-9A19-9C18D3C91B3A.jpeg

“Meets” is correct for a material specification. It’s not correct for an approval.

Whether Triax really meets it or not is unknown. They obfuscate on other things so perhaps they do on this as well. “Meeting” a material specification is highly dependent on the blender reputation unless you get some sort of certification.

Why anyone would defend this brand to the death is a bit mystifying to me.

It says the equivalent must have the API Donut trademark. That means certified. Show us the API Donut on the bottle of Euro VX.

Ed
I'll leave that up to you if you're interested. Triax has some API licensed oils if you care to look.

Last edited:
If any of Triax's oils "Meet" MS-12991 & SN or SP would cover manufacturer warranty in this scenario. See how the manufacturer uses the word "Meets" & not "Approved"?

View attachment 201042
So, if I understand this correctly, you would buy this product of shady making, argue with dealership, which than has to argue with corporate, which then will explain to you in simple terms what they can and can’t do, instead of just going to pick up Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 on Auto Zone for $37+ filter?
You are not very successful in making their case.

So, if I understand this correctly, you would buy this product of shady making, argue with dealership, which than has to argue with corporate, which then will explain to you in simple terms what they can and can’t do, instead of just going to pick up Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 on Auto Zone for $37+ filter?
You are not very successful in making their case.
I stated earlier that I'd check with the OEM for any warranty requirements regarding the oil. I stand by that statement. I think that's successful making the case 100%.

I stated earlier that I'd check with the OEM for any warranty requirements regarding the oil. I stand by that statement. I think that's successful making the case 100%.
OEM have approvals FOR THAT precise reason, so that buyers don’t wonder what to use. That is THE IDEA that led to introduction of approvals. So that you can go and see approval and buy oil. Meets and exceeds is attempt by companies like Triax to confuse consumers into buying product that is not nore it can be approved.
So, no, you are not making their case. They will tell you to check manual, bcs. it is there for a reason.
You can stand by whatever you want, that is not how it works. Look for confirmation bias somewhere else.

OEM have approvals FOR THAT precise reason, so that buyers don’t wonder what to use. That is THE IDEA that led to introduction of approvals. So that you can go and see approval and buy oil. Meets and exceeds is attempt by companies like Triax to confuse consumers into buying product that is not nore it can be approved.
So, no, you are not making their case. They will tell you to check manual, bcs. it is there for a reason.
You can stand by whatever you want, that is not how it works. Look for confirmation bias somewhere else.
Many run HPL, Amsoil, Triax, & other boutique/non boutique oils that may or may not be officially approved by the manufacturer in & out of warranty. If it was a big deal then we'd hear more about it. At the end of the day each person decides that on a personal level.

Many run HPL, Amsoil, Triax, & other boutique/non boutique oils that may or may not be officially approved by the manufacturer in & out of warranty. If it was a big deal then we'd hear more about it. At the end of the day each person decides that on a personal level.
That is not point of this conversation. As far as I am concerned, you can run extra virgin olive oil.

I figured there were a few different "points" made to this thread & not just one. I'll use olive oil for the potatoes.
We are talking Triax. We discussed Amsoil, Redline, HPL long ago.
One thing about those companies is that they never tried to sell 5W40 as VW504.00/507.00 oil, or called High-SAPS oils a mid_SAPS oils etc.
Triax should take something from Redline. Redline was running "Meets and Exceeds" verbiage for a long time until people raised an issue with it. Now they run Recommended for, not "specifications," or this gem from Triax: "Exceeds the highest European specification VW 507.00 / 504.00 for diesel and gasoline engines."

Maybe Triax should not try to use Valvoline and Liqui Moly to trick people into thinking it is the same thing when those companies clearly distinguish between oil approval and their recommendations.

You are not doing them any favor, because only someone from Triax would be this vested to argue their case. I hope they pay something.

This is my first diesel so I read the oil recommendation carefully. Here are the specs:

- SAE: 5w-40
- API: SN or SP
- MS-12991 (Chrysler Material Standard)

Quaker State Euro 5W-40 is what you want for that engine, and change it often. Soot builds up in the oil and destroys the bearings, that's how these engines die. Stick to 5K~6K mile OCIs. It might be a Diesel engine, but treat the OCIs as if it was a gasoline engine. This engine was meant for European passenger cars, a light duty and economical Diesel engine.

That's not even remotely close to the same thing. AMSOIL and HPL don't recommend an oil with an HTHS below 3.5cP for approvals that require it. In fact, when David put together the 0W-20 for me using the A3/B4, 502 00, A40, 229.5 additive package, they EXPLICITLY note that the oil CANNOT be formally approved or recommended for any of those applications for that reason.

A3/B4 requires a minimum TBN of 10 and an SA between 1 and 1.6%:
Screen Shot 2024-02-01 at 12.47.58 PM.jpg

But we've got Triax claiming their VX 5W-40 is both C3 and A3/B4:
Screen Shot 2024-02-01 at 12.50.09 PM.jpg

While it's SA is 0.8% apparently, and TBN is 8.5:
Screen Shot 2024-02-01 at 12.48.56 PM.jpg

It's also claiming LL-01, which is based on A3/B4, which means the same ACEA limits apply on SA and TBN.

These things are problematic. Hopefully they are inclined to revise their recommendations based on this thread, since they are obviously reading it, rather than get upset. This is constructive criticism.

I'll personally never use their products just due to their outrageous and outlandish marketing, but if they accurately represented the intended range of targets specified for the additive packages they use, I'd be less inclined to criticize whenever their products are brought up.

That's not even remotely close to the same thing. AMSOIL and HPL don't recommend an oil with an HTHS below 3.5cP for approvals that require it. In fact, when David put together the 0W-20 for me using the A3/B4, 502 00, A40, 229.5 additive package, they EXPLICITLY note that the oil CANNOT be formally approved or recommended for any of those applications for that reason.

View attachment 201152

View attachment 201153
View attachment 201154

It's also claiming LL-01, which is based on A3/B4, which means the same ACEA limits apply on SA and TBN.

These things are problematic. Hopefully they are inclined to revise their recommendations based on this thread, since they are obviously reading it, rather than get upset. This is constructive criticism.

I'll personally never use their products just due to their outrageous and outlandish marketing, but if they accurately represented the intended range of targets specified for the additive packages they use, I'd be less inclined to criticize whenever their products are brought up.
It’s almost like you have to deal with bureaucracy and red tape on a regular basis. Very well worded, sir!

View attachment 201152

View attachment 201153
View attachment 201154

I really did not want to dwell into details about this.
Apparently, they send some people here to sniff around, try to push products, and get defensive immediately.
They obviously follow forums, as their emphasis is on PAO. They know that enthusiasts are looking for it, so they are trying to push the product that way.
It is astonishing to me how sloppy their marketing is, and it is amazing that today, in the age of information being available at the palm of your hand 24/7, one can make such claims and not get called on.
In that email, if that was an email at all, comparing Valvoline and Liqui Moly is another scam. They took two blanders as an example that make clear buyer knows what approvals oil has, and for what they recommend that oil. The same goes for the new packaging of Castrol Euro 0W30 that has LL01 approval and is "recommended for" LL01FE, although the difference, technical, between LL01 and LL01FE is HTHS of 0.01.
They could go so many different ways around it. Maybe they make decent oils, but their approach to the market is so toxic it is astonishing.

It's 1.2% SA, which is also on that sheet. That's not mid-SAPS, that's full-SAPS. M1 Formula M 5W-40 was 0.9% and M1 FS 0W-40 1.3%. Both are full-SAPS.

Mid-SAPS is where SA is 0.8% or lower:
View attachment 201014
You are correct it appears. Looks like Triax is changing their product data sheet to state “full-SAPS” and remove “”mid-SAPS” claiming their SA is around 1.12.

Back