Amsoil 2 cycle oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading about adding 2 cycle oil to your gas as an UCL. I happen to have a gallon of Amsoil 100:1 2 cycle oil that I'm not using, and I'd like to use it in my Jeep. (4.0L inline 6) How much should I add? Will this have any negative effect on my cat or oxygen sensor?

You could mix it 200:1-500:1 or so. You might see smoother running, improved MPG, and slight butt feel increase in power.

This is mainly due to some modern gasolines lacking lubricity, and increased top end lubrication and ring seal.

Quote:

and increased...ring seal.

Hmm...I didn't even think about that, at 214k that'll probably help.
grin.gif

Will this have any negative effect on the cat or O2 sensor?

I like top end lubes with today's alcohol infused fuels.
Also good for your fuel pump and valve lubrication and a bit of sealing there, too,.

Well, just a little update. I've only driven about 500 miles with the Amsoil at about 250:1. So far my engine hasn't burned a DROP of oil - usually it burns about a quart/3000 miles. I haven't really noticed any change in engine performance, but extra oil certainly won't hurt...

I don't know about gassers but ALOT of guys are running it in their diesel trucks. Most are using specifically marine tcw3 ashless oils with a low flash point, roughly 150 def F, the same flash point as diesel fuel. You might consider tha Amsoil HP injector with a much lower flash than either of the the 100.1 oils. They flash much higher at 237 & 248 deg.F. Just a thought.

snoboy

I'm just using the Amsoil because I've got a lot of it I need to use up. I'll probably use some cheap TCW3 oil when I run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back