2-stroke oil as stabilizer

Cant really find the answer, I’m sure it’s here…
Does adding a small amount of two-cycle oil to gas act as a fuel stabilizer at all?
I go through small engine gas fairly quick, but I still add stabilizer to make sure. Out of it right now, but have some two-stroke oil…close to the same effect?

Some two stroke oil I'm aware of has stabilizers in it.

Unless it specifically says so, though, I wouldn't count on it having any affect.

Most stabilizers I've seen contain BHT(butylated hydroxy toluene) and/or derivative compounds of it, which act as radical scavengers and anti-oxidants. Without something like that present, I wouldn't count on anything having any sort of stabilizing effect.

I think it does, even though I have no scientific proof. My first 2-stroke trimmer lasted over 20 years without any stabilizer and started every time with sporadic use. It ran perfectly and the only repair it ever needed was in-tank fuel line replacements. As a result, starting in 2019, I use TWC3 as fuel stabilizer in our Honda CRV which sits for months at a time. The longest interval was 18 months without incident in damp/humid climate (S Florida).

Back