SCHAEFFER'S # 132

Status
Not open for further replies.
bob or molakule, i been using 16 oz of 132 when i change oil i use delvac 1 5w 40..i want the perfect combination for my engines is this ok?...my 4.6 takes 6qts and my 5.4 takes 7...

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
does schaeffer's 132 neutralize acids in the engine?and does it clean?

No, it's a ep additive to help reduce smoking, wear,add viscosity to an existing oil.

Recommended treatment rate for such is
1 bottle to 5qt system. Some on here are using a mix of 1-2 ounces with lc or fp or somthing like that. I don't recommend a full bottle of this on any car/engine not having oil consumption problems. Myself, I use the neutra for takeing care of acids and such in an engine. If I am on a long trip or something and feel I should have had an oil change but not done yet, I might put half a bottle to just help the oil a little bit until I do get it changed. Many times when I buy a new car, not knowing what oil or how long it's been in, I will put a full bottle in just for a feel good until I change it over to schaeffers oil.

Tommie,

The Delvac 1 or the Redline have everything they need for excellent engine protection, as does Schaeffer's oil and several others. What you get from the jug with these can't be improved upon. I wouldn't mix Delvac 1 and Redline...each is excellent oil as it is, and the combination us unlikely to be better than either.

Consider the 132 for oil-burning engines or for improving poor quality oil when you should have bought better oil in the first place--which you did. Where would I use 132?...maybe in an engine with 5W-20 and the owner can't accept that this oil is OK for his engine.

Ken

[ June 11, 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

1 oz. per quart should be sufficient for an engine in good condition. It will supplement the oil with some additives you don't normally see in OTC oils. 16 oz. will thicken up an oil beyond
its viscosity grade.

You don't need it if you use Redline or Schaeffer's.

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
1 oz. per quart should be sufficient for an engine in good condition. It will supplement the oil with some additives you don't normally see in OTC oils. 16 oz. will thicken up an oil beyond
its viscosity grade.

You don't need it if you use Redline or Schaeffer's.

What if you use Schaeffer Oil but you want the viscosity at 100c to be a little bit thicker? (such as raising it from 10cst to 11cst)

Use about 4 oz. of #132 to increase viscosity of #700 that much.

When I did the testing with LC and 132, I found that for thinner oils such as Mobil 1 SS 10W30, it takes about 250 mL to thicken it up about 0.75 cSt. Now for thicker oils, such as 15W40's and the like, it takes less to thicken them up; i.e., the proportion is not linear for all oils.

132 is not really a problem for increasing viscosity if used in moderation. The problem is later on when the oil thickens due to oxidation, etc, the thickening increases almost exponentially as the oil ages further.

But it does have MoTDC, SbTDC, and a great surfactant/anti-oxidant (an alkylanalamine).

If used in moderation (as I have explained in many threads), you will be OK.

I know what Schaeffer's says on the label, but those instructions are mainly for diesel engines used in mining and OTR that have a lot of miles on them, because their target markets are Farming/Ranching, Mining/Industrial, and the Trucking segments.

Stick with Mola's recommendation and you will be safe.
shocked.gif

[ June 12, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

quote:

I know what Schaeffer's says on the label, but those instructions are mainly for diesel engines used in mining and OTR that have a lot of miles on them, because their target markets are Farming/Ranching, Mining/Industrial, and the Trucking segments.

Yeah. I think Schaeffer has some of the best products out there but I wish they would widen their marketing to include personal vehicles and the performance crowd.

I think they have the opposite problem as Amsoil. Both have good products. Amsoil overhypes and the mlm approach allows a few overzealous dealers (NOT those here) to give them a bad rap. Schaeffers has good products, has their target customers and makes no effort to branch into new segments.

quote:

Use about 4 oz. of #132 to increase viscosity of #700 that much.

When I did the testing with LC and 132, I found that for thinner oils such as Mobil 1 SS 10W30, it takes about 250 mL to thicken it up about 0.75 cSt. Now for thicker oils, such as 15W40's and the like, it takes less to thicken them up; i.e., the proportion is not linear for all oils.

132 is not really a problem for increasing viscosity if used in moderation. The problem is later on when the oil thickens due to oxidation, etc, the thickening increases almost exponentially as the oil ages further.

But it does have MoTDC, SbTDC, and a great surfactant/anti-oxidant (an alkylanalamine).

If used in moderation (as I have explained in many threads), you will be OK.

Stick with Mola's recommendation and you will be safe.
shocked.gif

MolaKule,
I added one pint to each of my Toyota's.One 5qt sump,the other 7qt.Do you think this would cause a problem?
I have since cut back as per recommendations on other vehicles.Should I do an early oil change on each engine?Would this make the oil too thick?
Would an ARxing be wise to start over?
RichR

[ June 13, 2003, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: RichR ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back