Need Amsoil Recommendation for 2010 Toyota HiHy Limited..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-owned, well-maintained..
June 2023 - (New to me)

• 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited
• 3.3L 6-cyl V-6
• Engine Code 3MZ-FE G

• Current odometer is 193,500 miles..
Previous oil change b-4 I purchased indicates Pennzoil 5w-20 synthetic..
I ran Amsoil Signature
Series Synthetic 5w-20 in my 2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L V-8 to 240,000 miles..
I'm hooked on Amsoil, so I checked my Highlander Hybrid owners manual which shows either 5w-20 or 0w-20..
Amsoil & Google research results:

100% Synthetic Hybrid [O-16, 0-20]
100% Synthetic High-Mileage [10-30]

Extended-Life 100% Synthetic [0-20]

Attachments

• 20230822_173531.jpg
    20230822_173531.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230618_121322_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230618_121322_Chrome.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 31
Pre-owned, well-maintained..
June 2023 - (New to me)

• 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited
• 3.3L 6-cyl V-6
• Engine Code 3MZ-FE G

• Current odometer is 193,500 miles..
Previous oil change b-4 I purchased indicates Pennzoil 5w-20 synthetic..
I ran Amsoil Signature
Series Synthetic 5w-20 in my 2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L V-8 to 240,000 miles..
I'm hooked on Amsoil, so I checked my Highlander Hybrid owners manual which shows either 5w-20 or 0w-20..
Amsoil & Google research results:

100% Synthetic Hybrid [O-16, 0-20]
100% Synthetic High-Mileage [10-30]

Extended-Life 100% Synthetic [0-20]
You purchased a vehicle that has 193,500 miles that had Pennzoil 4 the previous oil change and you are an Amsoil Lover? You say you are hooked on Amsoil, we are all hooked on a certain oil, did you ever think about buying a vehicle where the previous owner only used Amsoil?

Pfft... AMSOIL is "Gucci Valvoline", but not as good.

Get this instead in a three 5 quart box on Walmart.com or somewhere else for cheap, and run it with confidence, it's good stuff:

1692759672933.jpg

Sit back, relax, and enjoy life. There are better things to do than making AMSOIL rich, as the only thing AMSOIL is gonna do for ya is make your wallet lighter. What a marketing gimmick that one...

You purchased a vehicle that has 193,500 miles that had Pennzoil 4 the previous oil change and you are an Amsoil Lover? You say you are hooked on Amsoil, we are all hooked on a certain oil, did you ever think about buying a vehicle where the previous owner only used Amsoil?
Negative..
I thoroughly reviewed the 10 page Carfax report during my research as I narrowed my search for the best Highlander Hybrid in my target budget.. Nearly all service entries were performed at Toyota dealership service departments..Only a few oil changes were beyond the mileage intervals listed in the 2010 Highlander maintenance schedule..

You must of missed the part of his OP that says:

I ran Amsoil Signature Series Synthetic 5w-20 in my 2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L V-8 to 240,000 miles..

I would run HPL cleaner for a little to clean all the internals then a steady diet of Amsoil OE of your choice. 0W-20 would be fine.

Pfft... AMSOIL is "Gucci Valvoline", but not as good.

Get this instead in a three 5 quart box on Walmart.com or somewhere else for cheap, and run it with confidence, it's good stuff:

View attachment 174450

Sit back, relax, and enjoy life. There are better things to do than making AMSOIL rich, as the only thing AMSOIL is gonna do for ya is make your wallet lighter. What a marketing gimmick that one...
All the big names also have huge marketing. If anything I rather support local business than a huge oil monopoly company. Some people enjoy Big Macs others are willing to pay up for five guys. It’s all personal preference. We shouldn’t bash people for their preference of oil brands. Let the OP spend his hard earned money as they see fit. Penzoil is good stuff. However the OP stated he’s interested in a Amsoil product.

All the big names also have huge marketing. If anything I rather support local business than a huge oil monopoly company. Some people enjoy Big Macs others are willing to pay up for five guys. It’s all personal preference. We shouldn’t bash people for their preference of oil brands. Let the OP spend his hard earned money as they see fit. Penzoil is good stuff. However the OP stated he’s interested in a Amsoil product.
100% Amsoil is a awesome product. As a PC its priced fairly well for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back