Mobil 1 or Valvoline Synpower, help me choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Xeno
Originally Posted By: Alex38
At that interval, I'd for with Valvoline due to the price.

I imagine Mexico City has different pricing. Likely a lot more expensive than here.

16% sales tax and 10% import tax, Valvoline $10 USD per quart and Mobil $12 USD per quart, but yesterday at Sears the Mobil went to $16 USD per quart, I just hope that this trend doesn't spread.

I will use Mobil to see if I can extend the OCI. But if the prices change substantially next oil change I will reevaluate.

Originally Posted By: tony1679
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They got SuperTech full synthetic in Mexico city ?

Does it meet ACEA A5/B5?

SuperTech is made locally and is planted firmly in the "thicker is better" camp. Their thinnest oil is 20W-50.

Even if they imported the Warren made full synthetic , it doesn't pass the ACEA A5/B5 spec and not even the DEXOS spec, but I don't remember which spec is more stringent.

So, No SuperTech oil for me, although I do buy and recommend their windshield washer fluid

At Wallyworld in the United States, a jug of M1 is the same price (few cents) as Valvoline Synpower.

They are both on a price rollback.

So in the states, there is no good reason to buy the Synpower.

I just got back with 4 jugs of M1.

My personal strategic oil reserve is expanding.

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138
Originally Posted By: tony1679
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They got SuperTech full synthetic in Mexico city ?

Does it meet ACEA A5/B5?

Even if they imported the Warren made full synthetic , it doesn't pass the ACEA A5/B5 spec

Exactly. Therefore the op doesn't want it. Merk trolling about supertech again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back