Oil Recommendations for Toyota Fortuner (South Africa)

Think I will go for a 5w40 in A3/B4 spec in a reputable brand.

Im eager to change soon but I serviced recently with 15w40 so dont want to waste the oil and money I spent.

Sounds like a nice truck. We have the 4Runner in the US. Petrol 4.0 V6 engine and automatic transmission only unfortunately. A diesel without DPF/ emissions and a manual transmission would be nice.

A 5w40 A3/B4 oil would be my pick as well. Should be easy for you to find.

Sounds like a nice truck. We have the 4Runner in the US. Petrol 4.0 V6 engine and automatic transmission only unfortunately. A diesel without DPF/ emissions and a manual transmission would be nice.

A 5w40 A3/B4 oil would be my pick as well. Should be easy for you to find.
Yeah here in SA we had the option of a 5 speed manual in the 3.0 turbo diesel or 4.0 V6 petrol.
Also had a 4 speed auto in the 3.0 turbo diesel and 5 speed auto in the V6 petrol.

I wish they also put the 5 speed auto in the 3.0 though. It sometimes just needs that extra gear especially when towing.

Yeah here in SA we had the option of a 5 speed manual in the 3.0 turbo diesel or 4.0 V6 petrol.
Also had a 4 speed auto in the 3.0 turbo diesel and 5 speed auto in the V6 petrol.

I wish they also put the 5 speed auto in the 3.0 though. It sometimes just needs that extra gear especially when towing.
Is the V6 petrol a 4.0?

Back