Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Footpounds
Holidays?

Ya, wont be here then so a happy holidays in advance.

Originally Posted By: TheLoneRanger
Yep, I'm going to ride this runaway train as
it careens through 10,000 and everyone jumps
on board, and then watch the momentum indicators very
carefully. When momentum wanes, the drop should be
quick and severe.......

I sold some bullish stuff today.

I keep thinking at some point this market will vomit all over its own shoes.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I keep thinking at some point this market will vomit all over its own shoes.

True, but the question is when. I've played with the sell button several times over the past few months but resisted - don't want to fight this tape. I'm up 43% since the March lows, but a bit nervous. May dump my UYG soon; +120% since my purchase in April - don't want to get too greedy.

Was happy to see my 401k (now an IRA) has come back fully and is now higher than it's old peak, with no contributions for 2.5 years. It had 44% cash when I retired, and I put it all to work throughout 2008 whenever the market took a major dip. Scary as it was, it paid off. Now I have to get my brokerage account to follow suit!

Tom NJ

I know. When?!?

All I know is greed kills. I'm taking a little profit.

I kick myself for not backing the truck up in March. I've kicked myself for not taking profits before....I kick myself for thinking some of these peaks are about it. Maybe just wait for the major dip when interest rates are forced up.

Lots of butt kicking here. Well,,, I was willing to share the I/T signals. Oh don't despair. I'll probably pop in once in a while at or near a pivot point like I did in early Oct.

With a cyclic system that hits over 92% on S/T calls one could profit easily on S/T trading alone. Our I/T calls have a higher winning ratio and is where I'll soon be holding my trades due to winter activities in Wis. and Mich.

Oct. 1 it was projected another reversal was near but no time frame on the swing was specified on this site.

We don’t hedge positions or sell/buy partials. Knowing the pivot points and acting on them heavy handed when the underlying issues line up has always worked for us.

Still looks like we’re going no where fast within the big picture. But the IT swings might get a bit more extreme as we move into next spring.

BTW the commodity traders bought the grains complex at the early Oct. pivot. Might be a good long-term play.

Speaking of grains. Got my garden plowed and spring germination pots are ready to be seeded. Likely be skiing a lot this winter and spending some time in my buddy’s strip club. Shhh the wife thinks I’ll be visiting mother.

Again, enjoy the holidays.

Originally Posted By: cmhj

BTW the commodity traders bought the grains complex at the early Oct. pivot. Might be a good long-term play.

Got PMed about this so felt it prudent to share with all.

The complex trade was with JJG, which is up about 15% since our entry. We also bought wheat contracts at the same time. About equal amounts in each.

I'll not be mentioning any swings with this from here on in public. Due your own analysis for selling and buying.

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built

A story we heard frequently from new members. The market was going up so I jumped back in. Then it went back down. So I sold only to see it go back up.

I’ll go back to some of the things I talked about in March 2008. All issues are cyclic. Within every major cycle are several smaller cycles and smaller cycles within them and so on. Within those smaller cycles you’ll get, what some refer to as an inversion. Pappion’s waves are a good example if you ever saw the movie Pappion where every 7 th wave was different.

In my eyes inversions are an excuse for being wrong, But, pattern shifts will happen on a fairly regular basis. Again, Pappion’s wave rule would loosely apply.

With a good cyclic system we don’t buy some or sell some. It’s heavy handed all the way.

Many of the well known indicators can give many false readings. Yet the masses go for them like the bait wall street offers on an on going basis.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
They really sold into the rally today..not suprising since were back into overbought territory again.

Lots of teasing going on here in both directions.

Remember, the bigger picture is going no where fast for some time yet.

Also, near the Sep. hi it was suggested mid Oct. might be the next key time period within the I/T.

Originally Posted By: TheLoneRanger

This is a traders market for sure,

Ya been saying that since late Feb. 2000 but very few believed it was coming.

If ya' like a sideways market, some of the gun slingers in our group have been cleaning up on the banks.

Look at the monthly charts, and you'll see a
downturn start a week, week and a half before
the end of the month. It's happening again this
month. Then buying starts again the first of the
following month. Count on it. It's institutional
window-dressing and has been going on for the
last 8-10 months. Like taking candy from a baby
if you want to trade these swings.

The time for a short-term buy will be late Friday
afternoon just before the market closes....(last
trading day of the month).

Status