Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cmhj

Next year, probably after my spring trips are done, I’ll post some pattern relationships. While I don’t use patterns very much as they aren’t very reliable it might be of interest to some.

Due to some schedule changes I’m doing this now.

What prompts this was the busted monthly pattern that was all over TV last fall that we had been trading long before most were aware of it due to our S/T cycle work.

I’m not one to watch much TV that’s financially related. The few times I have watched anything the wife or one of the staff will sit back and wait for me to start yelling as to how stupid or wrong someone is. For their sanity I usually thumb thru them.

Because of my lack of interest in TV financial programs I wonder if anyone has mentioned the 4 month low/low pattern, which started about 5 months after the 07 hi?

If not I’m surprised yet ironically it had fit many of our I/T and some L/T pivot projections pretty close.

The most recent examples are the last 6 I/T &/or L/T lows. They have all been about 4 months apart and on average if given a 2 week variance hits pretty darn close. By using S/T pivot points we’ve been able to hit all of these with one exception within 1.5 days of our first projections some of which I shared here either in real time or a day in advance. Then as the date arrives we have other tools to get the entry/reversal to within a few hours in many cases.

Early/mid March 08 was the first I/T low, which is when I first offered my assistance on this site. Then mid July 08, which barely fits our I/T criteria of a month or more but was important to the bigger picture. 4 months later comes mid-late Nov. 08 followed by early March 09, early/mid July 09 and early Nov. 09.

The early Nov. 09 low was very important in our work. As we worked our way thru Aug. 09 we started taking a cautious stance until we saw what the system said at the late Oct./early Nov. projected I/T low pivot point. In hindsight it was meaningless within the big picture per price but very important in our ongoing wave projections.

Another issue is that over the years this phasing has been fairly predictable as to when it’ll go off course. Due to feedback received here I’ll not release any specifics in public.

However, betweeen now and mid 2011 there's a very good chance the expected low periods will be a hi once maybe twice throwing all amatuer projecting into the trash.

The 4-ish month cycle has been a pretty good cycle for several years for S/T & I/T traders. There have been times when it wasn’t even noticed for a couple/few periods or inverts as suggested above but will again in a fairly reliable sequence return to some degree.

Like most issues the key in playing this cycle setting is in knowing what the larger cycles are saying before taking a large long/short bet.

GL

[/quote]Like most issues the key in playing this cycle setting is in knowing what the larger cycles are saying before taking a large long/short bet. [/quote]

Ok....so what are the larger cycles and when will the next correction occur?

Finish this session up before I shove off.

Like everything in life, we usually have some rules to follow or we’d live in chaos.

For the 4-ish month phasing to have bullish merit going forward, the decline into it must hold to within 1% of the previous 4 month low and must be less than 2 months. The rebound must be over 2 months. As the up time & the amount of it increases or decreases that alone could be telling.

One low to the next should not go more than 103 TDs outside the last low but no less than 73.

Going by these rules alone one would have said the July 08 low was just a minor issue. I said in mid April of 08, mid/late May of 08 will be a hi and May/June will be a historical event. It wasn’t until Late Feb. 09 I said a buy was just ahead and we’re still 20% below the 1440 hi of May 08.

When a phasing goes off that doesn’t mean the end of a bigger trend has hit but it’s usually a warning something is going to happen. The Nov. 08 low is such an example.

Using the past three 4 months lows and the rebound coming out of them all of the above criteria was meet for an on going bull theme. Some of this was to have been shared in Aug.!!!!!

As I said in mid Nov. regarding comments to my pulling back in my S/T accounts on Nov. 9. “Nothing was really wrong there. I stepped into cash with my S/T accounts for a week as I had no clue of my Internet access while I was out and not even sure if I'd be back in a week or a bit as I posted last Mon. As it turns out I didn't miss much, so far.” I then went on to project the next S/T hi, which again was spot on!

Regardless, it gives us clues and in many cases confirmation to the expected bigger picture.

For every rule there is usually an exception but for a rule of thumb, the above works well for amateur projections about 80% of the time with the bigger picture.

Breaking of the rules doesn’t rule out an extended sideways theme.

Again, due to feedback received I won’t be specific with future calls in public for now.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
sounds like gambling to me...

Not even close.

We've prove for over 35 years the market can be projected. There are several examples of my real time calls if you look back.

When one has a closed mind to the ideas guess I am wasting my time here.

Those on the PM list will continue to get the whole scoop.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

Ok....so what are the larger cycles

Previously I said any pro bono assistance will be mostly I/T but sometimes it’ll be L/T related. Any bigger picture info or VST and S/T info is reserved for trading members and other private groups.

and when will the next correction occur?

How about shortly after I started yammering about an upcoming low?

I did, many times in fact give real time calls and projections. Yet crude attempts at humor were made, while the calls and projections were all spot on or no interest was seen until now.

As of now I'm still with holding major info. Yet most know when I start flapping my gums a lot, a turn of sorts is near.

The timing of posts will change too but I'll still throw out a few bones now and then.

During my absence a few PMs were received. They basically covered 3 points, which I’ll address here.

1) Questions were asked about trading suggestions.

That’s reserved for the trading members and private groups plus what I’m willing to share here.

2) How to get on the PM list.

Last fall it was said openings would be accepted going into Jan. As of Jan. 1 applications were no longer accepted. Odds are no new pro bono applicants will be looked at until next fall. Be aware there is a screening process.

Part of the reason for no new positions is it takes about 2 weeks to get anyone up to speed on our system. Thus it's done when I have time to sit around. I'm doing a lot of traveling this year so a hit and run theme is not the way to work.

3 ) Don’t let nay sayers keep you silent.

Well, this is a bit of a re-hash. First I get lame humor at my projected calls, which turned out to be correct. Then the lack of interest shown gives me little interest in spending time here. Finally if it’s seen as gambling I’m just wasting my time.

Time was set aside, especially for this group, in front of a planned family trip to put out some very basic issues most can use for the bigger picture if they exhibit any ambition.

There was more coming on how to use that program for finding highs/inversions to the pattern and one other was planned for this summer. As of now I'm questioning this as possibly more waste of bandwidth.

Posted at the Oct highs.

Still looks like we’re going no where fast within the big picture. But the IT swings might get a bit more extreme as we move into next spring.

Today we closed near the Oct. highs.

Regardless, the swings are just getting started.

Ok....so what are the larger cycles

Previously I said any pro bono assistance will be mostly I/T but sometimes it’ll be L/T related. Any bigger picture info or VST and S/T info is reserved for trading members and other private groups.

Nice call on...stating the obvious
smirk2.gif

Put 10% of my 401k stock holdings into bonds/cash on 1/13. I'd taken 10% out in December...too long without a correction. Plan on putting it back in when market gets somewhere around 9500 (DJIA).

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
I'll keep an eye on that, Sludger.

Thanks.
Did you get a chance to do any that this past week? Got some solid returns if you did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back