Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Built_Well
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Cash sucks at 0.5% interest though!

Go to BankRate.com . You'll find FDIC-insured banks offering better CD and money market rates.

I think buying individual stocks is dangerous. Even financial "experts" {Lol} get it wrong half the time. For every call these professionals make that's right, they make a call that's wrong. If you're very lucky, you'll find an "expert" that's right 60 percent of the time--that's it.

The only equity instrument I feel comfortable buying is an S&P 500 index fund like SPY or Vanguard's VFINX, but only because I'm holding for 30 years 'till retirement.

Let's hope the behavior of the Japanese broad market index isn't repeated here.

i concur!

I am more of a intermediate trader..for one I think it increases my odds and second is I work full time. Bought some SKF friday.
Good Luck!

Been away from the board for awhile, but dropped
in tonight to say we're close to breaking 10K on
the Dow, which will generate lots of press and
bring even more cash into the markets.

All of my market indicators are showing overbought,
but I predict a huge rally because of market sentiment.
You can throw away the charts on this one.

With interest rates so low, it's hard to beat a good
quality stock yielding around 3%.....

I bailed with my portfolio today because it smells like a fools rally...I cashed in a lot of stocks that have already netted between 30-60% for me since April. Just remember what happens to pigs! I figure that we'll all have a better buying opportunity at the end of October. VVUS was an allstar for me!

Fighting the crowd got me killed a couple times the last week or so (kicked out)....never stand in front or go against the rush, I guess that's how the saying goes.

My bearish indicator is the large increase is stock pick spam! (I had none for months)

We are up 169% so far this year in stocks. Our 401k is up about 35% since we moved it from cash account to various portfolios late 2008 to early 2009.

We are thinking about taking profits in the stocks. As mentioned by Lone, it appears the market is going to test 10,000 short term. If we get a correction it could go back to 8800-9100. We will see.

Nice work! I wished that I would have went in a little earlier this year than what I did...could have really killed it too. I am 85% out of stocks as of this morning. Squeaked some money out of Chevron and Alcoa then I bailed to bargain hunt after the next large market correction. The Iran thing could really derail the markets especially if Israel decides to let their airforce do what they do best. I was very fortunate to have few stocks when the market tanked last year. At the time I was perplexed by energy input costs and just kind of stood by the sideline until things looked like they made sense again. They never did then WHAM the bubble exploded...I was very fortunate to be on the sidelines.

Yep, I'm going to ride this runaway train as
it careens through 10,000 and everyone jumps
on board, and then watch the momentum indicators very
carefully. When momentum wanes, the drop should be
quick and severe.......

Ya gotta’ love how they dumped into the early Sep. cycle low and ran up into mid Sep. We might see a lot of these set-ups for some time.

Here’s a portion of what I posted to a group on Aug. 21 that originally was to have been done here as well. The object of discussion was a pivot date of Sep 17-ish that some felt would lead to another push into Oct. >>>>>

“But per the pattern I can see where we’ll top out any day here or mid next week. Drop into early Sep. have a small push for 3-5 days, then drop into mid Sep.

IMO mid Sep. might be the key. A high there look out!”

We’ve advocated capital preservation since late Feb. 2000 and continue to do so despite interest rates.

The key to "making" money is in knowing when to expect turns on a time scale and issue you choose to trade, recognize the set up along with other tools when to play them heavily & with very low stress. Like our 401Ks that have made overall near 45% since our early March buy that I signaled was coming in late Feb.

Mid Oct. might be the next key time period. Need to take a week and run thru what has transpired the past 4 weeks to update all systems & projection models.

Good luck

Originally Posted By: cmhj
Mid Oct. might be the next key time period.

Would you work out a little bit more why you think so ? Once I already said here that there is certain magie of figures and events. Crisises and big moves like anniversaries, but October is quite bright month in this respect. As for mid October, some resonance dates by extrema come to October 9-10. And though I don't like much Larouche I would aslo refer to his claim that October 12-15 is a dead line.

In fact, now we are on a stage when something exraordinary may happen any day. Personally I expect this in the first half of November. Nothing has improved in economy and finance, just au contraire. So called "green shoots" are hallucinations in the heads of those who takes them. Lies and fiction are everywhere. Just look at No.4 on the list of US Treasury Bond Holders. The only desire is to ask in Smokie's way: Who the [censored] is Alice?

I figured that China had hit 1 trillion by now....close, but no cigar! Nice chart of who own's who LOL! Yes I do enjoy the nameless agglomeration of the #3 and #4 contributors.

Originally Posted By: Primus
Mid Oct. might be the next key time period.

Would you work out a little bit more why you think so ?

Nothing that I’ll discuss in this forum.

For a group to trade the call is very different than to know how the projections and final call to trade are obtained. My techniques are unique & very complex. The more people know about the workings of a system the less effective they might become.

Due to previous feedback on this forum I’ll not, for now anyway, reveal the specifics of any projections here, only the time frames where something important might happen.

In public I'll not mention anything VST, S/T or long-term related. Only I/T or L/T.

VST to me is 1-2 days. S/T is a week or 2 at the most. I/T is up to a month or possibly 2. L/T is 2-6 months to possibly a year. Long-term is over a year.

Keep in mind my mid Oct. pivot was obtained from L/T methods that were explained to the private groups in early Aug. At that time I was going to spill the beans here until issues arose, which caused this publication to remain private.

Like the subject line I created near the Sep. high, which at that time mid Oct. was still looking like an issue, says. “No runaway either way, for now”, should in itself suggest something.

I will add one thing here. I do have a pivot due anytime from Oct. 2 thru the 7 th off the mid Sep. hi. At present I’m not sure of its’ importance, could be S/T related if anything.

Still getting caught up from my last trip. IOW I’ve been playing hooky with the system updates but have been playing the S/T trades pretty hard since I got back.

Out for a few weeks at the least.

I am sooo happy that I dumped it all at the end of September....I hope anyone else still clinging on has allocated properly. I'm calling LT stagnation for the next 9 months.

IMO mid Sep. might be the key. A high there look out!”

Posted here 2 days before the closing hi, 3 days before the hi print but projected before my trip, which was 4 weeks in advance. That warning was all an I/T trader needed.

I’ve now lost interest in giving any clues here for many months plus I have other obligations.

Got another trip soon but have to plow my garden and get my early spring germination pots in order before I leave.

Happy holidays & good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back