How much should a rear brake and rotor job be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Vikas
So many small details just don't add up.

Maybe, just maybe, and I'm going off on a hunch here, he's having a field day with BITOG and is probably rolling on the floor and laughing at all the preaching?
But this is a long shot, it's not like we've had that happen before...

Bingo!

This guy (OP) appears to have much more serious issues than just unsafe transportation problems.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

I:
- Drove
- Caught a flat
- Stopped
- Checked for spare
- Found none
- Drove.

You drove... For how long? A week? Like was said earlier, this looks like the aftermath of one of those police chases where the guy is doing 100 on the expressway with a flat tire and just keeps on going on the aluminum wheel.

Originally Posted By: Bill_G
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Vikas
So many small details just don't add up.

Maybe, just maybe, and I'm going off on a hunch here, he's having a field day with BITOG and is probably rolling on the floor and laughing at all the preaching?
But this is a long shot, it's not like we've had that happen before...

Bingo!

I don't understand the attempt to pile on.

Every one with the theory that I am "making this up" somehow is wrong. And foolish, for thinking that I would even do that. Its.. juvenile.

Originally Posted By: css9450

I:
- Drove
- Caught a flat
- Stopped
- Checked for spare
- Found none
- Drove.

You drove... For how long? A week? Like was said earlier, this looks like the aftermath of one of those police chases where the guy is doing 100 on the expressway with a flat tire and just keeps on going on the aluminum wheel.

Quote:
For how long? A week?

Well, considering how I heard the "pop" after merging on to 287 North, just before you get to 78E/W, and not believing just how unlucky I was that I had to get a flat/tire blowout -right there- in the middle of basically nowhere.. I then had to maneuver to Newark.

So we are talking 20, almost 30 miles.

Not a week, but. It was one of the most fearful hours of my life.

(Yes... that's right.. "about 20 miles" and then I drove it at between 10MPH and up to 30MPH for some stretches.. this after I had stopped, and checked for spare. Found none. And being passenger side, I used snow along far shoulder to "drive through." So it was "about an hour." For all you reverse trollers that want to turn this into the
35.gif
36.gif
and entertain yourselves. I thought BITOG was past that.)

And..
32.gif
My new lady does sing, but does not "barely fit in the Volvo" (I still think about this) and weigh 450-ish beautiful lbs. The MAIN DIFFERENCE is that she loves me, though.

We all know what it looks like. Is there a reason you're sticking with the half ventvisor look on the back door?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
We all know what it looks like. Is there a reason you're sticking with the half ventvisor look on the back door?
Lol!

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
This thread rates close to the one on engine flushing:
I'm Done With This Car.

"Water through an engine?" ...

Come on, dude.

It' gotta be a joke, don't you think? Still a funny thread.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

005a3b9713fd9438daa2b7ea5f6d561a.jpg

How did this happen? The truck is resting on the backing plate, not what is left of the wheel...I'm trying to figure out how this could of been driven to this point.

The only thing missing from the video is unbelted kids in the back seat.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

I thought you said in another thread that you were a DIY'er. Now you're taking a vehicle to a mechanic for something this simple-something that any real DIY'er would have prevented in the first place?

This saga is no different from your Volvo saga; you purchased something you never should have owned in the first place, and then through incompetence and irresponsibility you managed to destroy it in short order. You crave the attention that this gives you and, despite being banned multiple times, you manage to resurface time and time again under a different username. I said it before to you under your past usernames, and I'll say it again under this one (and most likely in the future under the next 3 or 4 or 5 usernames). You need serious mental and emotional help.

I read through the posts...I just had to sleep off a little bit of getting drunk on the Jack Daniels. I am ok now.

You have no business touching any sort of alcohol. Ever.

01.gif

Originally Posted By: NothingNew

I thought you said in another thread that you were a DIY'er. Now you're taking a vehicle to a mechanic for something this simple-something that any real DIY'er would have prevented in the first place?

This saga is no different from your Volvo saga; you purchased something you never should have owned in the first place, and then through incompetence and irresponsibility you managed to destroy it in short order. You crave the attention that this gives you and, despite being banned multiple times, you manage to resurface time and time again under a different username. I said it before to you under your past usernames, and I'll say it again under this one (and most likely in the future under the next 3 or 4 or 5 usernames). You need serious mental and emotional help.

I read through the posts...I just had to sleep off a little bit of getting drunk on the Jack Daniels. I am ok now.

You have no business touching any sort of alcohol. Ever.

01.gif

Keep hatin', Pop. I said I was a DIYer when someone - maybe you - gave me [censored] for asking for help on a BATH DRAIN. Now, I consider repairs in the interim of "learning" on it... seems to you that i can go back in time, un-rust frames, and replace things done before me. "[censored] if i do and [censored] if i don't," as Bart would say. So, get your little hi-fives.. you have a small mind, maybe?

I have more. Do you want?

01.gif

OK now let us see if anything was posted about the vehicle, not... me. You say "I like attention." Well.. I won't run from it.. let's see you twist THAT one up.

And we plan on getting another Volvo. Just not yet. I see a rise in income this week. It happened already. What should I do with it, Oracle of BIBITOG? I'm listening. (I won't run from conversation with you... it is engaging.)

This thread rates close to the one on engine flushing:
I'm Done With This Car.

"Water through an engine?" ...

Come on, dude.

It' gotta be a joke, don't you think? Still a funny thread.

Haha. See? THAT was well-received.
smile.gif

Ok. Update:

- My 1993 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT sits. "Needs new spiders, and more than that." I have better pics but.. for now? Here.

e86bf99d2e849156eedf37b2faf250f8.jpg

*cannot post up diagnostic video becauee mechanic monkey cursed in it.

2. Honda gets its trunk today.

3. I got a promotion at work, and officially start a second job Sunday.

4. I love you all. Where is the love?

5. The Expedition and Honda have Royal Purple 0W-20 SN in them.

6. I finished my bottle of Jack. I don't usually drink.

Keep hatin', Pop.

No one here hates you, including me. In fact I gave you some of the most heartfelt advice possible-seek help to get your mental and emotional problems under control and don't consume alcohol. Someone who is relatively unstable has no business drinking alcohol whatsoever-it only exacerbates the issues. You can choose to spend some time reflecting on why you continue to fail in the same way over and over, or you can continue down the same path you're on. The choice is yours.

3. I got a promotion at work,

Moved up to the french fry machine?

I switched professions. No longer with Dunkin' DONUTS or the Burger King, lol.

And my second job is one of the best companies in the world.

and I like you, Pop_Rivit. I actually don't "drink;" I bought a $43 bottle of Jack Daniels for the new year, and my lady and I made Jack and Pepsi for 3 weeks at dinner. Seemed a celebration of a great 2015 made sense. But I'm not buying more alcohol.

Here is me, at work this morning. I do QA.

Check MEOWT!

10.gif

a7be1e2dbc0fff80ef17809ee0da2b88.jpg

7. I see a $59 "Alignment special" place. Should I pull in?

Sure, but there's a 95% chance they're just gonna tell you that you need to replace some suspension and/or steering components and they can't do the alignment until you do. So it's gonna cost more than $59 if you let them replace the needed components.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
7. I see a $59 "Alignment special" place. Should I pull in?

Sure, but there's a 95% chance they're just gonna tell you that you need to replace some suspension and/or steering components and they can't do the alignment until you do. So it's gonna cost more than $59 if you let them replace the needed components.

I see. I also am getting this impression.

My thinking would be: "I could surprise the Ms., while getting shots of the front. Actually.. moreso than either getting or sneaking shots of the front (they use a lift? I do not know,) I could see 'more what we are looking at.' Since Corozal only seems to fix what is broken. Meaning: You only go there when something has already happened."

?

I feel like I should share my brain, and we won't get any more destroyed Volvos. "Joseph, don't get the car stuck in the blizzard of 2013 in Boston and South Shore." Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back