Nissan mystery

Good evening all, wondering if I can pick some brains on this.

My wife went to pick our son up from daycare this afternoon in her “2020 Nissan Sentra Sv” drove roughly 1/4 mile to the end of our HOA she says car started and ran fine until she got to the stop sign. The car just shut off and OIL MIL come on. I told her stay with the car turn the 4 ways on and when I got there, I checked the battery which read ok, oil ok. I hit the engine start button without depressing the brake pedal the check engine light was on along with oil light. I went for it and started the car both lights went off let the car run a minute engine sounded just fine drove the car back to the house. I’m going to borrow my brother in laws OBD2 code reader tomorrow hopefully I can find an answer. Highly appreciate any and all input.

PS

We’ve had electrical and software issues in the past with this vehicle a long with a defective alternator pulley.

We’ve had electrical and software issues in the past with this vehicle a long with a defective alternator pulley.

If your oil level is fine and all lights are absent when started again, I would suspect that your gremlins from the past have returned.

If you have no oil pressure, you would know. If you have no oil, you would know.

Also, these lights should be illuminated when in the run position without being started anyway.

;) 🍻

If your oil level is fine and all lights are absent when started again, I would suspect that your gremlins from the past have returned.

If you have no oil pressure, you would know. If you have no oil, you would know.

Also, these lights should be illuminated when in the run position without being started anyway.

;) 🍻
Exactly, well I went back out and checked the battery 12.24v the car has around 1/4 tank I checked the fuel cap which was tight, when I opened it got a huge stench of fuel. Decided to start the vehicle it started fine running 14.45v let it run 10+ minutes no issues drove in and out of the driveway a few times even in reverse which is a good size incline so there was a fair amount of load again no problems. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Good evening all, wondering if I can pick some brains on this.

My wife went to pick our son up from daycare this afternoon in her “2020 Nissan Sentra Sv” drove roughly 1/4 mile to the end of our HOA she says car started and ran fine until she got to the stop sign. The car just shut off and OIL MIL come on. I told her stay with the car turn the 4 ways on and when I got there, I checked the battery which read ok, oil ok. I hit the engine start button without depressing the brake pedal the check engine light was on along with oil light. I went for it and started the car both lights went off let the car run a minute engine sounded just fine drove the car back to the house. I’m going to borrow my brother in laws OBD2 code reader tomorrow hopefully I can find an answer. Highly appreciate any and all input.

PS

Dodge neons can have a Similar issue due to the shift solenoid going bad but it progressively becomes worse.

A stray cosmic ray scrambled something in the ECU's RAM causing the engine to stall.

We’re in South Carolina and today wasn’t the best of weather funny thing is my wife’s phone couldn’t get the call out to me for several minutes after this episode happened, her phone was in E which generally we get good LTE/5g coverage.

We’re in South Carolina and today wasn’t the best of weather funny thing is my wife’s phone couldn’t get the call out to me for several minutes after this episode happened, her phone was in E which generally we get good LTE/5g coverage.
Is this like those movies where people rack it up to "coincidence" of strange things happening..but by the end of the movie there are large creatures taking over the Earth? well.. it's been nice knowing ya! 🤪

Exactly, well I went back out and checked the battery 12.24v the car has around 1/4 tank I checked the fuel cap which was tight, when I opened it got a huge stench of fuel. Decided to start the vehicle it started fine running 14.45v let it run 10+ minutes no issues drove in and out of the driveway a few times even in reverse which is a good size incline so there was a fair amount of load again no problems. 🤷🏼‍♂️
maybe the oil press switch is taking a crap

1697853672414.jpeg

Update**

No codes found.

Took the car out drove it easy drove it hard fueled her up. The car never felt and ran so smooth to the point where my father and I looked at one another while idling at a red light and said feels like the car is off.

Back