Brake Pedal Travel - What is normal?

Curious. There is probably also a pre-load adjustment on the pin pressing the MC. You might want to find out factory specs for that.

a car driven hard can actually retract the pistons when forces actually cause small angles in the spindles/rotors. Subaru has wider bearing spacings, or at least used to, just for this reason. Run fast and hard while steering over bad terrain, and the first half of the pedal travel can be dead air. Their wider spacing reduced that affect.

how worn are the pads? I tend to interpret a firmer pedal with new pads. Also, my pedal feel and travel seems to vary with pads. Element3 pads absolutely firmed up the f150.

Curious. There is probably also a pre-load adjustment on the pin pressing the MC. You might want to find out factory specs for that.

a car driven hard can actually retract the pistons when forces actually cause small angles in the spindles/rotors. Subaru has wider bearing spacings, or at least used to, just for this reason. Run fast and hard while steering over bad terrain, and the first half of the pedal travel can be dead air. Their wider spacing reduced that affect.

how worn are the pads? I tend to interpret a firmer pedal with new pads. Also, my pedal feel and travel seems to vary with pads. Element3 pads absolutely firmed up the f150.
Yes, there is a pin. I believe this pin is for adjusting it right to the booster. If I even just touch the pedal it starts to brake so I don't think that is issue.

I have had E3 pads on some of my vehicles. Actually have them on the RSX right now. Amazing pads. It actually doesn't firm up the pad but they are so agressive that you barely need to press it.

I tried running the Raybestos street performance on track. They held up fine but glazed the rotors. I called them and they said if you maintain Temps over 800 for any period of time they will glaze yet they claim a temp threshold of 1200. A bit of misleading marketing if you ask me

Back