How much for a new Tacoma?

I have 2018, same as a 2023 (Gen III). It's a fine truck, but the V6/AT combo without mods is a real dog.

I have a MT, regeared and reprogrammed. Whole new truck, but it's a risk I TOOK.

Frankly I would wait a couple years. Then buy either the NEW turbo 4 (Gen IV), full up or get a used Gen 3.

I think they do, its call downshifting and using the brakes... TBH I would be very impressed if any computer controlled descent control system works as well as 4 low and manual transmission, I'm sure many don't work as well...
I am in no way inferring hill descent control is required - but to answer your question - yes its much better than just throwing it in 4 lo. It uses the ABS individually on each wheel - to maximize traction per wheel - in real time in milliseconds. 4 lo and brakes simply mean all brakes get the same force - so there is no way it can compete.

What your saying is the equivalent to saying old manual brakes are better than ABS. I think most people have finally realized there not.

Now if you need hill decent control - another matter. Both my 4x4's have it. The couple times I used it - very impressive. Not many hills here though.

Toyota tax is real, especially out West.

Only way to get a manual transmission is to get a TRD Sport or TRD Offroad in V6 4WD configuration only. They only offered a 5 speed manual with the 2.7L I4 in 2016 and 2017. I wouldn't even think about the 4 cylinder though. The V6 is slow enough for the weight of the truck.

Truck is pretty old school, but you probably like that.

My truck is the V6 and 6 speed manual, I enjoy it better than my V6 and automatic I had. Truck is still slower than a snail with a hardon, but will move out of its own way if persuaded.

I bought my 2022 in April use with 2500 miles and it was $40K and some change.

Toyota tax is real, especially out West.

Only way to get a manual transmission is to get a TRD Sport or TRD Offroad in V6 4WD configuration only. They only offered a 5 speed manual with the 2.7L I4 in 2016 and 2017. I wouldn't even think about the 4 cylinder though. The V6 is slow enough for the weight of the truck.

Truck is pretty old school, but you probably like that.

My truck is the V6 and 6 speed manual, I enjoy it better than my V6 and automatic I had. Truck is still slower than a snail with a hardon, but will move out of its own way if persuaded.

I bought my 2022 in April use with 2500 miles and it was $40K and some change.
You gotta get a tune and 4.88s!!

You gotta get a tune and 4.88s!!

This is the extent of my offroading...

cNOrB9K.jpg

So yea, no need for gears. 🤣

I don't keep a truck long anyways. Gonna see what the 4th gen does and might get a 2026.

Kinda thinking of getting out of my jeep and into a little truck. The jeep is great for playing but not very useful in town. Can't carry anything in it etc.

Plus I don't think we need two 4 wheel drive SUVs. I do need a 4x4 regardless.

Looking on Toyota's site I "built" my Tacoma and it came to $31k. But the local dealer wants $44k for it. They have a $7500 markup above window sticker and they tack on all kinds of stuff I don't want like window etching and other wallet flushes and they won't drop the price .

Is this normal now? No haggling?
If you're up for a road trip you can get it with zero ADM from my dealer, anything Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford, GMC, Honda and Toyota. No vehicle ever gets anything that isn't on the Monroney sticker as delivered off the truck. Some vehicles get a discount, others no, but never a cent above MSRP at most. And an EXCELLENT place to eat too, The Original Mexican Cafe, in business since 1916. Classic Auto Group https://www.classicgalveston.com/ Talk to Jeff Pennington and tell him Leo says hi. Lots less than $7500 and a nice trip too.

If you're up for a road trip you can get it with zero ADM from my dealer, anything Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford, GMC, Honda and Toyota. No vehicle ever gets anything that isn't on the Monroney sticker as delivered off the truck. Some vehicles get a discount, others no, but never a cent above MSRP at most. And an EXCELLENT place to eat too, The Original Mexican Cafe, in business since 1916. Classic Auto Group https://www.classicgalveston.com/ Talk to Jeff Pennington and tell him Leo says hi. Lots less than $7500 and a nice trip too.
Not an option - won’t be able to register it until the vehicle has 7500 miles.

Back