How much for a new Tacoma?

I think all states have the sales tax requirement. If I buy in PA, I don’t pay PA sales tax, I pay NJ sales tax as part of my registration. If I buy in DE, I don’t get out of sales tax (DE has none), I have to deal with the same thing. Similarly, if I bought in NY or AL or someplace with higher sales tax than NJ, I don’t need to pay that state the delta they think they’re owed. I didn’t know this was a difficult thing.
Each state is different, and there is no rhyme or reason to it. For instance, if as a Nevadan I buy a car in California for initial registration in Nevada, if I take delivery in California I have to pay full California sales tax on it. If I'm a Californian and buy a new car in Nevada, Nevada will give me a driveaway permit and not charge sales tax. Then when I register it in California, I pay the sales tax (I think they might call it a use tax) there.

Aren't most (modern) vehicles CARB-compliant regardless of where they're sold ?
Just spoke with a smog tech who sees a lot of these situations. It ultimately depends on whether the vehicle conforms to CA emission standards. If the sticker is federal only, then there's going to be a problem. But that process is extremely specific to the EFN - so it is difficult to make a blanket statement. You would need to look at the specific vehicle that is being purchased, which is why this can be a gamble.

Some good deals on Silverados right now. You could probably get a better deal on a Colorado than a Tacoma, but it's a GM product so i'm not sure if that would work for you.

This is the extent of my offroading...

cNOrB9K.jpg

So yea, no need for gears. 🤣

I don't keep a truck long anyways. Gonna see what the 4th gen does and might get a 2026.
Mine sees beach and some trails in the Pine Barrens. Nothing crazy. I'm not interested in destroying a new vehicle. :LOL:

Back