I am less than thrilled to buy next vehicle.

My dealer adds zero to any vehicle they sell. If it isn't on the factory Monroney sticker it isn't on the vehicle or sales invoice. Texas' best dealer if one wants Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Honda or Toyota.
And that would be WHO exactly?

Long story short I sold the Lexus RX350 a few months ago. At the time it was the right move but now I need to backfill its position But I dont Really love anything. I am starting g a new position that will require A 46 mile commute each way 4 days a week. Yes it’s a long commute but it is also a 4 day work week. I will take it. I am back in central Texas whcih is also a bonus.
the Tacoma is a great truck but it is not great in traffic or on fuel to be honest. I plan on Keeping it long term because I always like to have a 4x4 for my outdoor activities. But it so t be good as a long term commuter.

my wife and I have rented a few cars over the past few months for long term evaluations.

my requirements are safety with my short attention span, at 52 I know my vision and response time is declining, .meaning I want dynamic cruise control preferably with stop and go. With the number of miles a greater than 30 mpg overall rating would make the purchase mean something financially.

cost..I wish cash was advantageous because I am prefers g to pay cash form26 k or less I can afford more but I don’t have any need to buy what I can afford And waste cash On nore than I need, my goal in the next 6 years is to pay off my home while continuing my retirement savings rate. I do t carry any debt besides the house. Ang Plan to vacation and take fishing trips to stay sane, not living like monk. So some weekends it will get a trip to the coast where I will take a charter out. And need to carry some tackle and ice chest and luggage.

Hyundai Tuscon. I like the way these drive and they have a traditional 8 speed auto. They get good mileage the new power train seems promising. my wife says the technology interface works better than the 2021 lexus, and I agree.

toyota cross hybrid_ if I can find one, i have been watching the late model used market closely.

toyota Corolla hatchback ( matrix comeback )

honda CRV. not a fan of the 1.5 turbo
honda civic..same.

one of my favorites..the Mazda 3 hatchback.

I have also looked at bmw x1s with interest

the only thing keeping me from goi g real cheap out and getting a 6-7 k manual tranny Kia soul is the safety and convenience features I want for the longer commute.

input in this soulless search for practicality is appreciated.
What about a used Lexus es sedan? When I worked for a Lexus Dealership they moved off the lot slowly enough but are really nice and have alot of the amenities that you want.

Addendum..I passed on the used Cross LE.
today I bought a new 2023 Toyota cross hybrid.
I am very please with the way it handles and drives.
i Also saw a new prius in the ready line…those are much nicer than they used to be as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpeg
    IMG_0623.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Addendum..I passed on the used Cross LE.
today I bought a new 2023 Toyota cross hybrid.
I am very please with the way it handles and drives.
i Also saw a new prius in the ready line…those are much nicer than they used to be as well.
first weekend and first commute report. 51 mpg around town and 46 on my commute!(I improved with traffic congestion) I will verify with actual gas Consumption when I get through this little 10 gallon tank. Perfect commuter! drives nice the adaptive cruise control and safety sense 3.0 work well, and I understand the ecvt much more now that it is meant to keep the engine in the highest thermal efficiency zone.

Last edited:
please let us know if/how the traffic jam autopilot on it works for you.
Not sure that’s what I have that but thjs is the best adaptive cruise control I have used . I didnt have to play with the complete stop go features. It was low stress And tended to average the speed of the vehicle in front of me so I never had to stop. I noticed two new Tagged teslas and a new Prius on the drive home so this past Black Friday was a good one for moving some iron.

Back