Handgun as primary

So, another thread I started has went down a road that was unintended, but brings up a good question to the philosophy of use of a handgun:

In the modern day, should the handgun be treated like the primary? I think it should be, what do you think?

Handguns are not meant to be a primary weapon. They have a place where you need to conceal or as a backup to a rifle or shotgun. They are less powerful, less accurate and have a shorter range than the others. Under severe stress they are very difficult to use effectively beyond a few yards.

They are my primary unless things go really bad which I don't expect. I mean if there is an escaped murderer running loose in my neighborhood, I'd break our the rifle but I'm content to have handguns as my primary.

If you know you’re walking into a fight, sure, rifle.

But if I knew I was walking into a fight, I would avoid it. Seriously.

A handgun can be carried, discreetly, all the time.

Since you don’t know when, where, or how a lethal conflict, in which you are forced to defend yourself, might go down, handgun is the only answer.

The problem i have, is a hand gun is usually with me. If I keep an AR out and hot in the house, I'd have to stop and secure it every time we leave. I don't want a loaded AR out when I'm gone, as it could be stolen, or used against me upon my return. My AR is locked up a lot of the time.

My handgun is my primary . I can't foresee a situation where I would need a rifle . If Antifa were foolish enough to come around my neighborhood I would probably know ahead of time and would be able to adjust .

My handgun is my primary . I can't foresee a situation where I would need a rifle . If Antifa were foolish enough to come around my neighborhood I would probably know ahead of time and would be able to adjust .
If Antifa, or Hamas, or whoever, found themselves in my neighborhood, it wouldn’t go well. Across the street are three retired SEALs. One of whom earned the Navy Cross. I feel quite safe. And I would be happy to supply them with ammo…

If you know you’re walking into a fight, sure, rifle.

But if I knew I was walking into a fight, I would avoid it. Seriously.

A handgun can be carried, discreetly, all the time.

Since you don’t know when, where, or how a lethal conflict, in which you are forced to defend yourself, might go down, handgun is the only answer.
Agree.

Are they on your person any time you’re out of the house?

How well do you conceal those?

I was thinking home defense, and what I would grab in case of unwanted guests. If traveling outside the home, then I carry either .380 or 9mm depending on the circumstances...both hand guns.

I would carry and MP5 if it was legal to do so, but we cant......The guards around our nuclear plants carry them,,,it is quite impressive..so we the public are carrying mostly pistols, I suggest you carry 3 if you can,,,3 is a good number, chest, calf, and waist or pocket....you dont need alot of big pistol stuff,,but I like the theory of everything in 3s on some stuff...imho

Back