Is The ".30 Super Carry" Yet Another Flop?

Problem is, it's hard to tell what will take off and what will flop until it's actually put out on the market. And nowadays, it just takes a few negative forum posts and GunTube vids to start the dogpile that people feel the need to jump on.

It's a fine round, but it really doesn't solve a problem that needed to be fixed.

Not a horrible flop but I don't think anything will ever replace 9mm in that demographic. A small round loaded to mega pressure is nice in theory and all but as I've said repeatedly, no smaller concealable handgun rounds (and I include .45 ACP) are 1 shot manstoppers unless you hit head (brain) or spine. People hit in their hearts/lungs often have enough time left on the clock to squeeze off another round or 2. This is why LEO's and the FBI have moved away from .40 and that's why you can pick up LEO .40 trade ins for ~300 today. If you are going to have to hit Mr. Malignant with 2 rounds to put him down, then why not go with plain old 9mm in a nice JHP. This comes with my usual disclaimer that I wouldn't want to take a .22 short center mass.

From a Guns and Ammo article. And if you think a .30sc outperforms 9mm, you still don't have much of a case against .40, .45, 10mm, or that other 'next big thing' .357 sig

1704768982081.jpg

Back