Does risoline high mileage oil treatment actually cleans the engine?

Yeah. but seems rare as hens teeth. Maybe a Kennelworth dealer might have it...

Saw @ArthurArgentum was recently discussing it on the russian oil forum

https://www.oil-club.ru/forum/topic/77967-valvoline-premium-blue-restore-gen2-10w-30/
(google translate required which is built into the chrome browser)

They mentioned the first gen restore was only distributed by Cummins sales and services locations.

The new version came out in February of this year so maybe it's not so rare anymore.

I emailed Cummins to see if 1 gallon containers (part# 898013) can be ordered and will update the thread with the contact info

A two bottle dose starts to clean things up in a 100 miles. Then follow it up with a bottle for an OCI. Sometimes patience is a virtue.
People on here have little to no patience by the time they are on here trying to get LIVE tech support on a Sunday evening at 11pm. Much of the issues found are prolonged procrastinating and unwillingness to buy a product that might cost more but have a better return as well as preventative maintenance.

Looks like premium blue restore is available again. Read some comments in the past saying it was discontinued

screen-shot-2023-08-11-at-4-42-35-pm-png.172157

View attachment 172158
Looks like a poor man's version of the @High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner 30/40. Clearly "V" feels it necessary to inform people that you might need to change filters during or after. Clearly, esters is the trick.

Looks like a poor man's version of the @High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner 30/40. Clearly "V" feels it necessary to inform people that you might need to change filters during or after. Clearly, esters is the trick.

If you saw the price I don't think you'd call it the "poor man's version." It was designed to clean OTR tractor trailers and other commercial trucks after having issues after years of long drains, and is exceedingly effective if what I've been told is correct. It's mostly ester as a base oil. I suspect it might actually be too potent for some automotive applications...

If you saw the price I don't think you'd call it the "poor man's version." It was designed to clean OTR tractor trailers and other commercial trucks after having issues after years of long drains, and is exceedingly effective if what I've been told is correct. It's mostly ester as a base oil. I suspect it might actually be too potent for some automotive applications...

Got lucky 3 years ago and managed to get 3 gallons for $10/gallon off eBay
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/valvoline-premium-blue-restore.335034/post-5599455

The car takes a gallon per oil change. First two were 3k mile OCIs and other than the oil pressure sensor, the car has never had a leak.

Just put in the last gallon yesterday. Thought maybe I'd leave it for 10k miles like @The Critic did but now there are some doubts as I agree with what you say.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...emium-blue-restore-10w-30-9-861-miles.331194/

You have posted so many times w/r to this issue. Dude....spend a little money on a few of the popular additives and give them a try, you aren't going to make it worse or hurt your engine - BITOG flush paranoia is rampant with zero backing that it hurts your engine. I suggest Liquimoly Engine Flush to start. Try a few. There are lots of examples of these products improving oil consumption but there is no magic bullet for bad stuck rings and a full rebuild may be necessary. You will get all these crazy schemes here for this and that...just make it easy and use a few of the ones that are designed for this purpose out of the can. The other one would be a Berryman's piston soak.

My 2015.5 Volvo xc60 is eating oil at a rate of a qt every 1k miles or so. It's not leaking since no puddles, it's just burning it. The car most likely is suffering from the soft piston ring issue but before I drop $4k on an engine rebuild I would like to reduce the oil consumption for at least the next few months to a year. The car has 88k miles on it.
Another magic elixir is Hot Shot's Stiction Eliminator :whistle:

There is also Seafoam added to the oil : Use 1 oz. per quart of engine oil and run 100 to 300 miles at the end of your OCI .

There is also Seafoam added to the oil : Use 1 oz. per quart of engine oil and run 100 to 300 miles at the end of your OCI .

The two "cleaners" in Seafoam are isopropyl alcohol and light naphtha which have boiling points of 179°F and 194°F respectively. They'll be evaporated out of the crankcase before you get 5 miles down the road, leaving you with just some pale oil dilution for the remaining 95-295 miles.

Why would it be too potent for some automotive applications ?
If you know what you are doing and monitor/switch filters it probably is fine, but with a engine with a lot of deposits and sludge it might be a bit fast acting almost like a flush possibly clogging things up like the screen...

Yeah. but seems rare as hens teeth. Maybe a Kennelworth dealer might have it...
I even called our local Cummins place and they guy had no idea what I was talking about. I gave him the part number and he said it superseded into a new number. When I typed that in it went the Premium Blue One Solution - So I have no idea where to find this.

How would you pick up ester content on a $25 VOA? What did the HPL VOA say about ester content? I think EC is a good product and probably more potent than Rislone, but that doesn't make Rislone a bad product. It's been stated that it contains at least 11% esters and the newer, concentrated "High Mileage" is probably more than that. Also Rislone High Mileage Engine Treatment is about a third the price of HPL...
What product are we actually taking about? I see several different similar products.

High-Mileage Engine Treatment

Rislone High Mileage Ring Seal Smoke Repair​

High Mileage Compression Repair​

If you know what you are doing and monitor/switch filters it probably is fine, but with a engine with a lot of deposits and sludge it might be a bit fast acting almost like a flush possibly clogging things up like the screen...

Ah, earlier I thought you meant the high ester content and ester type might be too hard on the seals.

Good to know that wasn't it

A quick search didn't find any VOA of Rislone where oxidation was run. If it doesn't contain esters with high solvency, then it won't do you much good around the rings. Chances are that you're burning oil past the rings.

HPL's Engine Cleaner would be more effective in that region as it's ester-based with a stout HDMO add pack.

Use 1 part HPL EC to 5 parts engine oil for a short OCI. Then switch to HPL PCMO for a few oil changes. Their regular PCMO and HDMO oils clean more aggressively than their EC does.
The ol' Camry has a 6-quart total capacity. What do you think of the idea of adding a quart of HPL PCMO or the Premium Plus to the sump in place of, or in addition to, the cleaner?

What product are we actually taking about? I see several different similar products.

High-Mileage Engine Treatment

Rislone High Mileage Ring Seal Smoke Repair

High Mileage Compression Repair

The first one, HM Engine Treatment. There is also the previous Engine Treatment that came in a full qt. It was available still at some parts stores like AZ, it's also on Amazon so they still make it:

81qd2TbT+FL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Back