AmsOil for my Chevy Cruise Diesel

I just got a new to me 2018 chevy cruise with the diesel. I am thinking about using AMSOIL in it so I can get longer drain intervals and superior protection, will this help extend the life of my car? I am thinking about doing 15,000k oil change intervals, is this too long or can I go longer?

I just got a new to me 2018 chevy cruise with the diesel. I am thinking about using AMSOIL in it so I can get longer drain intervals and superior protection, will this help extend the life of my car? I am thinking about doing 15,000k oil change intervals, is this too long or can I go longer?
Welcome !
Send a PM to @Pablo for Amsoil questions …

the correct way to determine extended drain intervals is with oil analysis testing throughout a run to determine when to condemn the sump. . amsoil is a great oil.
I agree with it being a great oil, but it isn't a cure all for a vehicle that already has problems.

I thought I could use it in a 199 Explorer that I had at one time to extend oil Change interval, after a freshly rebuilt engine.

I sent an oil analysis away at 5000 kilometers, & found that the report was showing traces of antifreeze in the oil.

Took it back to the rebuilder, & he fixed it with a bottle of ceramic leak repair solution similar to Bar's leaks

I agree with it being a great oil, but it isn't a cure all for a vehicle that already has problems.

I thought I could use it in a 199 Explorer that I had at one time to extend oil Change interval, after a freshly rebuilt engine.

I sent an oil analysis away at 5000 kilometers, & found that the report was showing traces of antifreeze in the oil.

Took it back to the rebuilder, & he fixed it with a bottle of ceramic leak repair solution similar to Bar's leaks
that’s literally what i said in my post.

Pretty sure no one has said this. If your engine has issues, please please don't use Amsoil. If you have to limp it somewhere and need oil, just use the least expensive closest oil. But we are talking about a 2018, I mean the engine shouldn't have too many problems and if there is oil all the way to 10K, OP should be fine.

Do a uoa at the recommended oil change interval then decide . I would guess the first interval with the Amsoil will do some cleaning.

Last edited:
Do a uoa at the recommended oil change interval then decide . I would guess the first interval with the Amsoil will do some cleaning.
With an under the hood cartridge - to change and inspect the oil filter is another option at the prescription OCI …
(If planning a longer Amsoil run) …

Last edited:
Just Make SURE it's oil for Diesel engines.

Our favorite YT teardown guy did one of these last week if you want to see the internals. It's a pretty good looking motor.

Back