Oil for 2018 Ram 1500 Hemi

I’ve heard that before but whether or not they’ll pull an oil sample or request to look at my maintenance records in the event I ever need warranty on my engine, I’d just rather not take that chance.
They won;t deny your warranty running slightly thicker 5w30, unless your engine contains sludge - you're dangerously low on oil or you haven't changed the oil according to the manual.

Does you manual state a specific grade as required or recommended?

I’ve heard that before but whether or not they’ll pull an oil sample or request to look at my maintenance records in the event I ever need warranty on my engine, I’d just rather not take that chance.
It’s not true that “most” automatically go down a grade. Any such change would be either through mechanical shear of the VM (actually quite rare) or through pretty severe fuel dilution. Nearly every UOA posted on here shows oils staying in grade.

And as far as warranty goes that’s not a concern. Warranty is predicated on an oil that causes damage. No oil of a somewhat higher HT/HS is going to cause damage. That’s not how it works. Higher HT/HS protects, not the other way around.

They won;t deny your warranty running slightly thicker 5w30, unless your engine contains sludge - you're dangerously low on oil or you haven't changed the oil according to the manual.

Does you manual state a specific grade as required or recommended?
As far as grade, it just basically says an oil that is API certified and I’m pretty sure it says meets or exceeds Chrysler MS6395 is what’s recommended.

As far as weight, It doesn’t say required but there is that word recommended that might as well say required, to use 5w20.

They’d probably still argue against it if I was to try and use 5w30 being that my manual doesn’t include that little tidbit that the manual in my 2008 Hemi 1500 said that if 5w20 wasn’t readily available, 5w30 could be used.

Back