78 Malibu in service as rural mail car

This came across my social media and had to share. The owner/ operator seems like he can keep anything running!

mailcar1.jpg
mailcar2.jpg

Wait, What??? Is that postmaster approved?

Almost more impressive than the right-hand-drive conversion job, is what appears to be his homemade brown paint that he smeared all over the outside.

I wonder how many miles are on it? That Warrior box on the floor looks like a new set of drill bits in case he needs to add another guage or customize the dash panel a little more. It's not busy enough they way it is haha. I bet that car has paid for itself many time over.

This came across my social media and had to share. The owner/ operator seems like he can keep anything running!

View attachment 199617View attachment 199618
The carrier that retired here drove the Chrysler mini vans. Had them converted to left hand drive. They lasted forever. Must have had good transmissions. Probably 4 or 5 over 20 years or more. The carriers now have some pretty rig up jalopies though. The Gov says they want to go all electric for the rural carrier and provide the vehicles. The carriers just LOL when they hear that.

You're not gonna find a ev charger 70 miles into the desert. The locals will have some gasoline though

Has to reach into the back seat for mail at every stop? Looks like he would clear the junk off the LH side?
Around here anyway, pretty much need AWD in the winters.

Back