Paint Scrape Removal

A few days ago, I was picking my son up at the local train station. There was an older man parked at an angle on the right front corner of my car. Suddenly, he started to back up. He did not hear me blow the horn. I started to back up but he continued to come right at the front passenger corner of my car. I turned the steering wheel to get out of his way and in doing so, rubbed the left front fender against a yellow painted concrete bollard. He finally saw me in his mirror and stopped.

When I got home. I found a bunch of the yellow paint from the bollard adhered to the front fender. It was hard and firmly adhered to the car's finish. I tried polish on a rag....no luck. Switched to bug and tar remover...no luck. Goof Off....no luck. Then I picked up a spray can of Hoppe's Barrel Scrubber and sprayed a bit on a clean paper towel. Voila! It took the yellow paint right off without harming the cars finish. After the yellow paint was gone. I applied a coat of u Finish over the area and it looks like new.

Just wanted to share this if any of you are looking to remove a stubborn paint smear on your vehicle. As with anything, make sure you test it first on an out of the way place as YMMV.

Someone left a smear of their white car's finish on Moneypenny's driver side mirror housing the other day. Luckily the transferred paint came off without leaving a mark even on the clear coat. I used lighter fluid. No, I don't smoke. 😱

Spray carb cleaner *on to a rag*, and then use the rag to work the yellow paint out.

I learned the trick on bitog 20 years ago, and it worked.

Back