Sportage: Turtle Wax wax as you dry, Mothers VLR and Tire Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Ran out of Lucas Spray Mist Wax but not disappointed how easy TWax was to apply and the initial look...

20190804_123618.jpg

20190804_123629.jpg

20190804_123647.jpg

20190804_123730.jpg

20190804_123807.jpg

20190804_123744.jpg

Screenshot_20190804-124301_Google.jpg

20190804_124346.jpg

Turtle Wax dry & wax is what I use and does a great job. Very inexpensive and easy to use.

Your Kia looks good after detaining. Lots of rain in Miami so you'll see how nice it beads water.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Turtle Wax dry & wax is what I use and does a great job. Very inexpensive and easy to use.

Your Kia looks good after detaining. Lots of rain in Miami so you'll see how nice it beads water.

Thanks.
Yes, very surprised how well it looks and easy it is to use. So much so that I may use this once a month. As soon as I finished, I started hearing rumbling thunder in the distance.

Last edited:
Very nice! I've been using TW Wax & Dry all summer and am quite impressed. Easy application and beads water well.

I'm running low on Aquawax which I like but is around $10/bottle and not easily found at stores. So willing to give it a whirl. Maybe even pick up the other two products mentioned above also.

The VLR is my favorite interior product. I like it more than 303 but know I'm in the minority there.

Originally Posted by wemay
The VLR is my favorite interior product. I like it more than 303 but know I'm in the minority there.

VLR has been my go to for interiors for almost 10 years.

Wow the tw wax as u dry is less than 6 bucks at Walmart and produces these kind of results (huge bottle I might add too)! I might just be putting it on my list after my ice wax and seal and shine run out! Thanks for sharing bro. Turtle wax for life! ðŸ¢

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
I'm running low on Aquawax which I like but is around $10/bottle and not easily found at stores. So willing to give it a whirl. Maybe even pick up the other two products mentioned above also.

I think you will like the Twax spray products a lot better than Aquawax. At least I did. More recently I started using the Ice wash/wax and I really like how easy it is...just wash the car and use a leaf blower to dry it!

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I love and only use WaUD and QD type products. I don't use regular wax or silicones any longer. Haven't since 2000.

Yes indeed, the KIA looks GREAT(I failed to mention this).
I do however, use all of these types of products(WaUD/QD) the same way. I don't actually put it on a wet vehicle. I wash & dry the vehicle and then apply the product as I would a quick detail type product. I find that it works better for me this way.

And too, I am finding that I am liking these new sorta BURNT ORANGE paint colors. I have seen'em on Chevrolet's & Nissan's as well and I like'em. I just wish that the car manufactures would match the paint with the Terracotta interiors instead of charcoal/black.

NICE!

CB

I've been using the TW and the Meguiar's Quik Wax-As-U-Dry on my cars for years. Saturday I was working on the big-time waxing of hood and front fenders with Meguiar's No. 26; the rest of the car had the Quik Wax on it. A neighbor drove by, stopped, complimented me on the Buick's shine, and asked what products I use.

The difference between the two quick-spray products to me was that the Meguiar's smelled like movie-theatre popcorn; the TW, like a freshly-opened plastic model kit. Both seemed to protect fine, and since I rinse the car and re-apply the spray wax as I dry it almost every week, I never found the sprays to wear off much.

The Mother's VLR works on tires as well as plastic and vinyl interior parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back