Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions ceramic wax

Finally broke down and bought a bottle of this. Is it me or is this junk Elmers School Glue in a bottle with added scent? Spray the panel. Touch said panel. It's all sticky until you wipe off the excess. A glue that smells good?

So for performance:

I get better beading with the old school Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell at 1/3 the price. And this new SHS is not nearly as good as the old formula. Make sure the car is clean prior to applying the glue. It will glue down all that road grime if you don't.

It beads but differently than other real waxes. Nothing like carnauba or Turtle Super Hard Shell. Isa anyone impressed with this?
View attachment 160882
I get one year protection on a vehicle that isn't garaged. I think the performance/price ratio is very good. This isn't your dad's Turtle Wax. I think they really upped their game. Some detailers on youtube sing the praise of this product.

I get one year protection on a vehicle that isn't garaged.
Good to hear.
I think the performance/price ratio is very good.
Agreed. Anything Turtle is easy on the wallet and a quality product.
This isn't your dad's Turtle Wax.
Amen to that. The old Super Hard Shell was some tough stuff.
Some detailers on youtube sing the praise of this product.
Most likely because it's a spray and easy to apply. You don't see any new real paste waxes that take elbow grease any more. Those don't sell in lazy America.

I have used 3 bottles.
None of them were sticky to the touch.

You got a bad bottle mam.
And you touched the panel prior to wiping off right? All 3 of yours was just a thin liquid with no sticky mess feeling?

I even applied in the garage and temp was around 80F.

Got the last bottle off the shelf at Chinamart. Wallys sells a lot of this glue. So they weren't sitting on the shelf like at Autozone for example. The hole for this contact cement gets wiped out at my walmart every week.

Spray it on the panel, wait a min and touch with your bare skin.

I don't know what you are doing......
I love the stuff. Easy on, easy off. Super glossy.
Easy 6 months of durability lasting with 1 coat.

It's a glossy as any carnuba, even more than some.

Maybe you got a bad batch or one that was tampered with.

It's in my top 3 wax sealants of all time.
I have tried dozens.....all with a wide spread in prices.

Contact TW see what they say.
I hear ya man. I would call this a sealer though. Not even close to a real wax or a carnuaba.

I hear ya man. I would call this a sealer though. Not even close to a real wax or a carnuaba.
It gives a deep gloss on par with some of the best carnuba based products on the market.

Go to YouTube many comparos using a gloss meter.

My personal eye after 35 years of detailing....its easy in my top 3. Wax-sealants.

I don't know why it's giving you such a hassle.

My cars also stay much cleaner for longer due to it being highly hydrophobic.

You want muscle...put on collinite 476 let it sit for 60 mins.
Have some muscle fun taking it off.

Back