2010 bmw 328xi 30000 mile oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwd5f5f6vve11.jpg

Owner said he wasnt sure when it was done last, car also sat for at least 10 months per the owner. As per the car, the oil was overdue 15500 miles, and 3 years. Flashes right in your face when you start it, its amazing what people will ignore. Also ending up needing a small fortune in neglected maintenance, plus the pcv failed in the valve cover so had to replace that. Im recommending 3k oil changes for a while, lets see if he comes back for them.

What oil and filter did you use? I'd be tempted to run an oil flush prior to putting new oil in there. Must be a durable engine.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
But he saved the planet by not wasting oil doing 3/3K oil changes :p

Of course there's always one that still does 3/3k on full synthetic oil. I won't mention any names. I did 6k over 4.5 months on VWB with no consumption. Oil was nice color although that doesn't mean much.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What oil and filter did you use? I'd be tempted to run an oil flush prior to putting new oil in there. Must be a durable engine.

Im tempted to run a flush as well, but being a shop owner I dont want the liability with having it come back on the hook with all of sludge broken up in 1000 miles from now. Id rather play it safe and try to keep him on a schedule. I refilled with Fuchs 5/40 that I get by the drum and a Mann 816x. Im going to try to drive it about 30 miles before I give it back to him, Ill try to take a pic of the filter to see what it looks like.

My son drives a 2009 328i. The car has been run on BMW 5W-30 or BMW 0W-30 since new- with a minimum OCI of 15,000 miles; here's what it looked like at 108,000 miles:
full-176-10642-img_1984.jpg

Prob a good idea then not to use a flush then. How many quarts does it take? Maybe that helped a bit.

Originally Posted By: Audios
fwd5f5f6vve11.jpg

Owner said he wasnt sure when it was done last, car also sat for at least 10 months per the owner. As per the car, the oil was overdue 15500 miles, and 3 years. Flashes right in your face when you start it, its amazing what people will ignore. Also ending up needing a small fortune in neglected maintenance, plus the pcv failed in the valve cover so had to replace that. Im recommending 3k oil changes for a while, lets see if he comes back for them.

Owner is a lying moron.

If the counter in the instrument cluster is correct, it was about 30,000 miles. Most quickie shops dont know how to reset the interval though, so its possible they went somewhere else. The filter did look OEM when it came out, but was too dark to read the writing on it.

BMW makes pretty solid engines, however when neglected then tend to very problematic. I suspect with all the sludge built up he'll have ongoing problems with the VANOS system, which is driven by oil pressure.

You would assume even a normie would eventually think: "I'm driving a euro car, maybe I really should get that oil changed"

I'll bet whoever drove that did not pay for it. Sugar baby car! Why else would a modern BMW be shelved for 10 months?

Originally Posted By: Zee09
When it blows he'll complain that BMW's are (edit - mod).

Truth. And his friend will log into bitog: "my friends BMW was nothing but problems out of warranty! Buy a Lexus."

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Trav

Same thing they say about VW and MB.

But using the right oil and doing proper maintenance is so hard.

Originally Posted By: dbias

Aint that the truth.

Originally Posted By: dbias

It's a BMW, for crying out load. Like any other expensive luxury car, it requires no maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back