2010 bmw 328xi 30000 mile oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: Zee09
When it blows he'll complain that BMW's are (edit - mod).

Truth. And his friend will log into bitog: "my friends BMW was nothing but problems out of warranty! Buy a Lexus."

Indeed.

Originally Posted By: Audios
fwd5f5f6vve11.jpg

Owner said he wasnt sure when it was done last, car also sat for at least 10 months per the owner. As per the car, the oil was overdue 15500 miles, and 3 years. Flashes right in your face when you start it, its amazing what people will ignore. Also ending up needing a small fortune in neglected maintenance, plus the pcv failed in the valve cover so had to replace that. Im recommending 3k oil changes for a while, lets see if he comes back for them.

Just waiting for the BMW haters to use this photo along with a caption blaming the factory OCI.

Still can't understand how someone can drop $50-60K on a high end, luxury vehicle, and not even do oil changes on it. Heck, on many makes the first few oil changes are free, or even take it to a Firestone or similar for a sub $20 oil change occasionally (not my first choice, but it would stop this disaster from happening!

Originally Posted By: atikovi
I don't get how the valve spring areas are pretty clean. That doesn't look as bad as the Cadillac I posted about previously.

That's because it's really not that bad. The valve cover was probably nasty but the hard parts like cam and head itself aren't completely caked.

It's about the same condition as lot of them are in once they hit the second and third (or fourth!) owners. If it were mine I'd be doing 5K changes with a HDEO - otherwise I'd fill it with LL01 and send it.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Why do the spark plug tubes have slits in the sides?

Because they don't seal - it's just a clip in tube.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Still can't understand how someone can drop $50-60K on a high end, luxury vehicle, and not even do oil changes on it. Heck, on many makes the first few oil changes are free, or even take it to a Firestone or similar for a sub $20 oil change occasionally (not my first choice, but it would stop this disaster from happening!

The vehicle is a 2010 so it's probably on the 2nd or 3rd owner. Consequently they probably paid less than $20k for the car.

AT the time this car brand new probably had an MSRP no greater than $38k.

Last edited:
Before buying mine, I looked at several 328's with the N52 engine. I popped the oil fill cap and many were dirty inside, had low coolant, etc. It's amazing how many people drive cars and do nothing to them.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
Sweet, morons driving autos, they should be on bicycles.

I ride a bike to work every day.
All the time I see people with pricey bikes with rusty chains that have never been oiled, chirping like a nest of baby birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back