NFL Playoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: andyd
Grampi, After a few of the come from behind wins, I too became suspicious. Considering the amount of people that would be involved, it isn't likely. However, if it were possible, B+B could probably do it
grin2.gif

Then this article is perfect for you. The question is, do you also believe in UFO's?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27555...paign=editorial

Clearly written by a Pats fan...

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: gfh77665

Please stop calling Brady the GOAT...that's your opinion, not fact...

Its absolutely, positively, undeniably 100% fact:

Most Postseason Touchdown Passes
1. Tom Brady, 66
2. Joe Montana, 45
3. Brett Favre, 44

Most Postseason Passing Yards
1. Tom Brady, 9,431
2. Peyton Manning, 7,339
3. Brett Favre, 5,855

Most Postseason Playoff Wins by QB
1. Tom Brady, 26
2. Joe Montana, 16
T-3. Terry Bradshaw, 14
T-3. John Elway, 14
T-3. Peyton Manning, 14

Most Postseason 300-Yard Passing Games
1. Tom Brady, 13
2. Peyton Manning, 9
3. Drew Brees, 7

None of these stats show his lack of physical skills, which many other QBs have/had over him...

Congratulations. This is the dumbest thing ever posted on the internet.

just looking for a few laughs, and I stumble across this.
I stated in an earlier post, that I was glad that the pats won, as it silenced the haters.all, except grampi.
we all know that emotion clouds judgement. in grampi's case, his emotions(hatred) for brady/pats, has clouded his acceptance of FACTS.
excellence, in the sports world, is measured by one's accomplishments. since his numbers (FACTS) far exceed the other elite qb's numbers -- how can an objective and intelligent mind deny him the goat title? as well, coach bill, his "system", and surrounding talent all contribute to brady's numbers. the same things apply to all the elite qb's.it's not a one person game.
again -- the accomplishments are FACTS,not opinions, and one cannot refute facts.but, some will deny obvious facts, because haters 'gonna hate, because ..... just because.
grampi's post about a possible fix is funny, and predictable. there is no intelligent argument against the goat title,per the FACTS, so emotion (hatred) has driven him to throw out the fix theory.who knows? anything is possible.
I hope that the pats win the s.b.,AGAIN, just to silence the haters.
just to clarify -- I'm no pats/brady fan.sometimes, you just have to tip your hat to the best.

to the new England area, and pats/brady fans -- mr. brady should be granted sainthood.even if they lose in the s.b.. how do you guys like that -- st. Thomas, of new England.has a nice ring to it.

grampi -- your reply should be funny. make a bet on the game, and your winnings could buy that 'vette that you want.have a good evening.i'll be back here tomorrow to check out this thread.

Originally Posted By: yeti
I stated in an earlier post, that I was glad that the pats won, as it silenced the haters.all, except grampi.
we all know that emotion clouds judgement. in grampi's case, his emotions(hatred) for brady/pats, has clouded his acceptance of FACTS.
excellence, in the sports world, is measured by one's accomplishments. since his numbers (FACTS) far exceed the other elite qb's numbers -- how can an objective and intelligent mind deny him the goat title? as well, coach bill, his "system", and surrounding talent all contribute to brady's numbers. the same things apply to all the elite qb's.it's not a one person game.
again -- the accomplishments are FACTS,not opinions, and one cannot refute facts.but, some will deny obvious facts, because haters 'gonna hate, because ..... just because.
grampi's post about a possible fix is funny, and predictable. there is no intelligent argument against the goat title,per the FACTS, so emotion (hatred) has driven him to throw out the fix theory.who knows? anything is possible.
just to clarify -- I'm no pats/brady fan.sometimes, you just have to tip your hat to the best.

to the new England area, and pats/brady fans -- mr. brady should be granted sainthood.even if they lose in the s.b.. how do you guys like that -- st. Thomas, of new England.has a nice ring to it.

grampi -- your reply should be funny. make a bet on the game, and your winnings could buy that 'vette that you want.have a good evening.i'll be back here tomorrow to check out this thread.

So stats are the only measure of a QB? What stat shows arm strength? Or how about the stat that shows scrambling ability? What's the stat that shows how well he passes when flushed out of the pocket? Maybe you don't think any of these attributes are important for a QB...

So stats are the only measure of a QB? What stat shows arm strength? Or how about the stat that shows scrambling ability? What's the stat that shows how well he passes when flushed out of the pocket? Maybe you don't think any of these attributes are important for a QB...

It's pretty funny that you think those other stats mean anything. If you've been watching, Brady is also good with the long ball. Cooks has been ok, but Randy Moss was pretty good with it. Scrambling ability doesn't really mean anything. If you scramble, that means you're not looking downfield. There are many scrambling quarterbacks that haven't lasted in NFL. I think the fact that Brady would be the oldest quarterback playing in the SB should tell you how much a scrambling ability is worth. Also as for number of passes completed, try looking up the quarterback rating. Those take in lots of factors.

Also Bill is an economics major and I think his basic theory is sound. Get a bunch of good 2nd tier guys and don't over pay 1st tier guys too much. Lots of other teams have a couple 1st tier guys and that breaks their budget so they can only afford 3rd tier guys as supporting casts. And then Bill gets rid of guys before they're completely washed up.

It's pretty funny that you think those other stats mean anything.

I think it's even funnier you don't...

Different era different rules the NFL is a business like the NBA. Fans want entertainment an offensive show. If Brady played in a different era where the QB wasn't protected and Defense Ruled what's to say Brady would be around to set the offensive records? If so Brady would be nil just another QB...wouldn't be considered great in a different era.

In the NBA the most valuable players that saved the NBA(70's) was Jabber and Dr J from going bankrupt. The NBA hit an all time low and in financial trouble. Rule changes to open the game when Magic Johnson and Larry Bird enter the league. Rules changes for Michael Jordon to open the game even further. To keep the business sound what the fans WANT TO SEE.

In the NFL Johnny Unitas is the standard for QB HE MAY NOT HAD BEEN THE GREATEST but he endured and played in an era where football was football rules were rules. Put Brady in Unitas shoes I'd say he may not had lasted or perform what he can today. That's the way I SEE IT.

I'd say Brady couldn't match Unitas in his era.

Accuracy is far more important than strength...and Brady is extremely accurate. And note: while it is not his usual play, he CAN throw a long bomb! Scrambling is irrelevant, and how QBs get hurt. Brady rarely gets flushed out of the pocket, due to his excellent reading of the defense and quick release.

I don't much care about the NFL anymore anyway. Today, it's a joke compared to the way it was in decades past. Between NE winning almost every year, and the kneelers, that's pretty much ruined it for me. Most of the players are overpaid, spoiled, and disrespectful brats. Other than NE fans, who wants to watch the same team win every year? What happened to the parity that the salary cap was supposed to bring to the league? After 14 years of being an NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber, I'm canceling my service. I'll get my football fix from college ball, though even it has it's own problems too...

Come on Grampi
Don't give up yet
Wait 10 years when Brady does retire, then find a new enemy.
But seriously, it is getting hard to watch with all the replays and TV timeouts.
The refs don't know what a catch is or what pass interference is.
I found the best way is to record it and watch it delayed a little.
But that takes the live aspect away.
Oh well.

The question is, do you also believe in UFO's?

I believe in UFOs (at least intelligent life beyond this rock), but I don't believe the NFL is "rigged". Go figure ...
smile.gif

All of those (and many other factors) contribute to end result of the performance during a game, which is reflected in the resulting stats of the season. How a player got to those stats are unimportant because the stats are the end resulting measurement. For instance, if a scrawny little QB had crazy good stats and the team won all the time, would someone discount them just because he was scrawny and couldn't throw a football 80 yards? Or would they say it's all "rigged" and all the other teams let the inferior team win or else get their knees broken.

I have a question for all that think Tom Brady is over rated, or not the best in the game today.

You are the coach in game today where you and the opposing coach get to choose from any NFL players in the game today to fill your roster from the first pick to the last. The game is for your life savings, winner take all. You have the first pick from anyone in the NFL. What QB do you pick instead of Brady.

I am a Jet fan and dislike Brady with a passion. But for a game with my money on the line, I pick Brady first all day long. I also would have done it back when Peyton was in his prime, or just about anyone I can remember watching in the past 60 years.

There is no longer any question Brady is the GOAT, IMHO. You just have to remember there are alot of other factors external to the QB himself, that goes into producing the results on the scoreboard. The New England/Bellichik/Brady phenomenon is a story with many players and coaches contributing along the way. Brady was just lucky enough to participate in a perfect NFL storm.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
I have a question for all that think Tom Brady is over rated, or not the best in the game today.

You are the coach in game today where you and the opposing coach get to choose from any NFL players in the game today to fill your roster from the first pick to the last. The game is for your life savings, winner take all. You have the first pick from anyone in the NFL. What QB do you pick instead of Brady.

I am a Jet fan and dislike Brady with a passion. But for a game with my money on the line, I pick Brady first all day long. I also would have done it back when Peyton was in his prime, or just about anyone I can remember watching in the past 60 years.

I'd take Montana over Brady any day...he never lost a SB...Brady lost 2...

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
My updated prediction:
Pats win 31-27

and NE will have to come from behind in the 4th qtr to win...big surprise, huh?

A game is 4 qtrs long the last time I looked.
They don't declare a winner after 1,2,or 3 qtrs .
But I can really see Philly pulling an upset. They have a really good defense. I just don't think Foles can play great 3 games in a row.

Hoping the Eagles win ... would be nice to see the Patriots go down.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back