NFL Playoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andyd
" Will the lady who dropped off the 11 kids, please come get them. They're beating the Patriots 14 to nothing" popular 70-s -80s graffitto
It was tough to be a Pats fan in those days

Due to Deflate-gate, Brady missed the first 4. Pats won 3 of them. Only cost Tom 250K per game. Comes back, game 5 fresh as a daisy. Pats go all the way. Again. Key players get banged up, Belichick makes some moves, a player gets some priceless education and more often or not they eke out a win. Also, ever notice how if there is a loose ball or a tight call, it goes their way? Dunno how they do it, but Patriots seem to have a better sense of situational awareness. Jedi mind tricks?

I never thought it was possible to fix NFL games, but I don't know if I believe that anymore. Have you ever noticed how the Pat's opponents are always able to have a lead on NE, but somehow in the 4th qtr, that team always falls completely apart? Right at the moment NE needs to turn it on for their comeback win, their opponent mysteriously completely forgets how to play football and suddenly can't do anything on offense or defense. I'm supposed to believe that NE is just so darn good that they can just flip the switch against any team (except the Giants) and complete the comeback win? Come on...

Well the Gronk got *&^%$ early so I didn't get to see too much of him, but NE looked good. The Eagles just might put it to the Brady Bunch come February. Should be a good matchup. Philly has finally got a chance to celebrate. Good luck to Patriots and the Eagles. Go for it.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: car51
Hilarious how soon people forget that Brady can't beat Giants in Super Bowl.

Oh dam, did I just say that?! Thought so

Oh, so they're going to play the Giants in the SB this year?

Absolute surefire way to beat Pats in SB is to draft Ely Mannings for Eagles. From what I have heard, Ely has been "free" for a while.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

Oh, so they're going to play the Giants in the SB this year?

Absolute surefire way to beat Pats in SB is to draft Ely Mannings for Eagles. From what I have heard, Ely has been "free" for a while.

Eli is already under contract with the Giants so he's not available. They benched him at one point, they didn't cut him. When you cut a player, then they become free agents and you can pick them up and sign them to a contract. He's not a free agent.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
Patriots
23.gif
Eagles

Patriots Win

I am with you! But Eagles will have a great chance at winning this game. IMO, their defense is better than the Vikings and they are well coached and make good in game and halftime adjustments

When was the last time the Giants made the superbowl? Oh ya 2012 when they beat the patriots. In that span the Patriots have won 2 more superbowls. I'll take that over the fact they have never beaten the Giants in the superbowl. Stop living in the past because that's all giants fans have right now because the future sure aint bright.

Originally Posted By: grampi

I never thought it was possible to fix NFL games, but I don't know if I believe that anymore. Have you ever noticed how the Pat's opponents are always able to have a lead on NE, but somehow in the 4th qtr, that team always falls completely apart? Right at the moment NE needs to turn it on for their comeback win, their opponent mysteriously completely forgets how to play football and suddenly can't do anything on offense or defense. I'm supposed to believe that NE is just so darn good that they can just flip the switch against any team (except the Giants) and complete the comeback win? Come on...

Again, back to the Saban connection... nobody had "fix" thoughts when Alabama won after not leading at a single point during regulation or OT, until the final second of play. Do you really believe that with all the money tied up, all the Vegas sharks who run numbers, all of the referees, and all the players and coaches are in on it too? The only conspiracy today is that people are such wimps these days thanks to "participation" trophies growing up that none of them have the heart or the balls to become the very best at what they do, especially at the team level. You really think that, up 25 points on the downside of the game, all 53 Falcons and the coaching staff just said, "Ah, what the heck. Tom Brady is such a classy, handsome man, we don't want to impede his run to 5 Super Bowl rings!" Come on...
smile.gif

Don't get me wrong... I think JAX has a great defense and will likely be a contender for years to come. But if there's anything I've learned over the past 16+ years and 253 regular NFL games, about the only way you can count an L on the Patriots is to have them down 4 scores with 30 seconds to go. Any other time, strategy, heart, and execution will win every time.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo

Again, back to the Saban connection... nobody had "fix" thoughts when Alabama won after not leading at a single point during regulation or OT, until the final second of play. Do you really believe that with all the money tied up, all the Vegas sharks who run numbers, all of the referees, and all the players and coaches are in on it too? The only conspiracy today is that people are such wimps these days thanks to "participation" trophies growing up that none of them have the heart or the balls to become the very best at what they do, especially at the team level. You really think that, up 25 points on the downside of the game, all 53 Falcons and the coaching staff just said, "Ah, what the heck. Tom Brady is such a classy, handsome man, we don't want to impede his run to 5 Super Bowl rings!" Come on...
smile.gif

Don't get me wrong... I think JAX has a great defense and will likely be a contender for years to come. But if there's anything I've learned over the past 16+ years and 253 regular NFL games, about the only way you can count an L on the Patriots is to have them down 4 scores with 30 seconds to go. Any other time, strategy, heart, and execution will win every time.

Alabama doesn't come from behind every week in a big game. Don't you think it's a bit strange that NE's opponents have no problem going into the 4th qtr with a lead, sometimes even a substantial one, and then, with the flipping of some magical switch, NE turns into the best offense ever AND the best defense ever and comes back for the win, every time, against every team they play (except for the Giants). I don't believe there's ever been a team good enough to do that, and I don't think there is now...

Alabama doesn't come from behind every week in a big game. Don't you think it's a bit strange that NE's opponents have no problem going into the 4th qtr with a lead, sometimes even a substantial one, and then, with the flipping of some magical switch, NE turns into the best offense ever AND the best defense ever and comes back for the win, every time, against every team they play (except for the Giants). I don't believe there's ever been a team good enough to do that, and I don't think there is now...

It's funny how people have such selective memories. NE has been the to AFC 11 times in the Brady/Bill era. Guess what, they also lost to the Broncos, Ravens and Colts in that time frame. Better than average, but not unbeatable. People tend to have selective memories when trying to make their theory fit the facts.

Let's see, every time except for doesn't mean every time.

Originally Posted By: deven

When was the last time the Giants made the superbowl? Oh ya 2012 when they beat the patriots. In that span the Patriots have won 2 more superbowls. I'll take that over the fact they have never beaten the Giants in the superbowl. Stop living in the past because that's all giants fans have right now because the future sure aint bright.

What do you predict will happen when Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels are gone?

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

It's funny how people have such selective memories. NE has been the to AFC 11 times in the Brady/Bill era. Guess what, they also lost to the Broncos, Ravens and Colts in that time frame. Better than average, but not unbeatable. People tend to have selective memories when trying to make their theory fit the facts.

This is your best argument...focusing on the two words "every time?" However you want to put it, no team in the history of the NFL has been good enough to make the number of late game come backs that NE has, and how they strangely seem to be able to put teams in some kind of a trance late in games, whereas that team can no longer play defense or offense, when they had been doing both better than NE was earlier in the game. Defenses don't get better as games wear on, they get tired, but somehow, NE's defense turns into the '85 Bears late in these games...Sorry, I don't believe NE, or any team is, or ever has been this good...

Last edited:
One of the talking head mentioned that TB has no life except football aka no boozing no partying no womanizing etc. Thinking it over, I realized BB also eats drinks and breaths nothing but football and has no other life. Between these two, I don't think there is anybody else in NFL who has their commitment to winning the next game which is immediately in front of them, be that a regular game or a playoff game or championship or super bowl.

The funniest clip was seeing BB get excited when the yesterday's game got decided after the last 1st down. I don't think I had ever seen him so happy before. It probably only lasted few seconds before he was back to his usual grumpy himself and most likely upset at himself for celebrating before the super bowl win. His post-game press briefing was usual BB but he did throw one zinger "it was not open heart surgery" about Brady's stitches.

This is your best argument...focusing on the two words "every time?" However you want to put it, no team in the history of the NFL has been good enough to make the number of late game come backs that NE has, and how they strangely seem to be able to put teams in some kind of a trance late in games, whereas that team can no longer play defense or offense, when they had been doing both better than NE was earlier in the game. Defenses don't get better as games wear on, they get tired, but somehow, NE's defense turns into the '85 Bears late in these games...Sorry, I don't believe NE, or any team is, or ever has been this good...

I don't have to make any argument. You're making the claim. The one making the claim has to support their claim. You claimed every time. You're wrong about that.

You can believe whatever you like, but that doesn't make it true.

Show the evidence, otherwise you just have interesting theories. As Bill would say, it is what it is.

I don't have to make any argument. You're making the claim. The one making the claim has to support their claim. You claimed every time. You're wrong about that.

You can believe whatever you like, but that doesn't make it true.

Show the evidence, otherwise you just have interesting theories. As Bill would say, it is what it is.

You're still making your argument about two words...come up with an argument or leave...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
It was a disgrace last Super Bowl when Atlanta gave up such a big lead.

Atlanta didn’t GIVE up the lead, it was TAKEN from them and they got beat! Relax against the GOAT at your own peril!

Classic case of one team focusing and kicking it in with total seriousness and precision, and the other team panicking and falling apart. It happens all the time in football, and that's one aspect of what makes watching football fun and exciting at times.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
It was a disgrace last Super Bowl when Atlanta gave up such a big lead.

Atlanta didn’t GIVE up the lead, it was TAKEN from them and they got beat! Relax against the GOAT at your own peril!

Please stop calling Brady the GOAT...that's your opinion, not fact...

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Classic case of one team focusing and kicking it in with total seriousness and precision, and the other team panicking and falling apart. It happens all the time in football, and that's one aspect of what makes watching football fun and exciting at times.

When it happens every game with the same team always coming out on top, it's just not believable anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back