NFL Playoffs

I'm basically in mourning. The 49ers had their chances; actually both teams had their chances.
The 9ers are a running team; they play smashmouth football. The Rams defense played to stop the run, which they did.
They decided Garoppolo would have to beat them. He was a 4th qtr QB against Green Bay, but not yesterday. He rarely is...
But it is not all on Garoppolo. The defense could not get off the field in the 4th.
If the o-line opened those holes just a little wider, Elijah Mitchell would have gained strong yardage on 1st down instead of getting stuffed.

We beat the Cowboys and #1 Green Bay on the road, but did not have enough yesterday.
The Rams went out and got a good QB; they are in the Super Bowl. The 49ers need to take a lesson.
Since they got to the conference championship, the 49ers should get plenty of interest in Jimmy G.
And we need to dump that $120M contract and sign Deebo Samuel. And draft a cornerback...

If Tartt catches that ball, they probably win.

If Tartt catches that ball, they probably win.
Yes. Or if Garoppolo doesn't miss Kittle for a likely score early...
Or if the defense holds in the 4th. Or if the offense moves the ball, or maybe even scores, in the 4th.

My blame is on the offensive line. The Rams stuffed the run, particuliarly on 1st down. And they know Jimmy can't move; they gotta protect him.

IMO these have been, by a good margin and in total, the best playoffs I have ever seen. It reminds me of the great SF-DAL matchups in the early 90's and the IND-NE-PIT games through the 00's. The AFC in particular is going to give us many more years of this with Burrow, Mahomes, Jackson, Herbert and Allen.

I am liking LAR in the SB: They have a monstrous D-line and they'll have a field day with the Cincy O-line. I am not sure Burrow, who has performed more-than-admirably with so little in the way of protection, will have seen anything quite like 3 hours of Aaron Donald and Von Miller. I trust the Cincy offensive staff will be thoroughly scrutinizing the LAR-SF game to see how SF managed to contain both for as long as they did.

I'm basically in mourning. The 49ers had their chances; actually both teams had their chances.
The 9ers are a running team; they play smashmouth football. The Rams defense played to stop the run, which they did.
They decided Garoppolo would have to beat them. He was a 4th qtr QB against Green Bay, but not yesterday. He rarely is...
But it is not all on Garoppolo. The defense could not get off the field in the 4th.
If the o-line opened those holes just a little wider, Elijah Mitchell would have gained strong yardage on 1st down instead of getting stuffed.

We beat the Cowboys and #1 Green Bay on the road, but did not have enough yesterday.
The Rams went out and got a good QB; they are in the Super Bowl. The 49ers need to take a lesson.
Since they got to the conference championship, the 49ers should get plenty of interest in Jimmy G.
And we need to dump that $120M contract and sign Deebo Samuel. And draft a cornerback...
As a Cowboys fan, i hate the 9ers. EXCEPT for this season and playoff run. That was such a likable team. They were my choice to represent the NFC...at least i'd hopped. The style of play the attitude...just a nice team to root for.

didn't watch a whole lot of the regular season but the playoffs were pretty **** good IMO. As a Lions' fan I'm glad to see Stafford make it to the SB. Hopefully the Ram's win but honestly either team would be fine, just want a good game.

just my $0.02

Yep, a tough one. But, Chiefs got greedy right before the half, came away with no points. Imo, cost them the game.

Agree, probably the best set of playoff games I can remember. Be very tough for SB to come close.
Well what angers me for the last several years is it is obvious that the Comish of the NFL seems like he owes all kind of favors to the LA Rams ownership who went out and spent boat loads of cash to put that team back where the league lusted for it to be. Now if you watch closely, the Rams appear touch proof as far as the little penalty flags go. The refs absolutely pour them on some teams and go blind on others. I am glad though I did not see any strange action on the refs part in these playoffs.... Well except for the Dallas game! woof.... they went wild on Dallas when they played the 49ers. I had not horse in that race but it seemed very one sided on the flag tossing.

didn't watch a whole lot of the regular season but the playoffs were pretty **** good IMO. As a Lions' fan I'm glad to see Stafford make it to the SB. Hopefully the Ram's win but honestly either team would be fine, just want a good game.

just my $0.02
Yeah, lots of controversy around here with two sides; one wishing Stafford all the success in the world (which, secondarily, they hope will prove once and for all that it is the Lions who are mis-managed and are wasting some generational talent) and the other side wanting LA to lose as soon as possible to maximize the quality of the Lions 1st round picks this year and next.

I’m not particular about which team wins the Super Bowl, I do however want to be on the edge of my seat for the whole game.

Lots of what if’s out there this year. Personally I wanted to see Brady play for number 8. I feel like if Godwin had not been injured there was a really good chance of that happening. Look how well that offense did in the playoffs against the leagues best pass rush with a center playing injured and starting right tackle not playing due to injury. In the end the Rams did enough to win and the Bucs who had the benefit of playing a beat up KC team last, were that beat up team this year.

At least the Chefs are out so we all don’t have to see Jackson Mahomes doing Tik Toc dances on the memorial of a dead player again or hear about Patrick’s fiancé and mother’s latest social media rant after they lose or he gets hit “too hard”

Back