NFL 's biggest name that is drawing ratings- Taylor Swift

What was reported (I don't watch NFL games but will listed/ read the scores) she was a guest in the skyboxes.
I do watch NFL telecasts. Watching one righ tnow... every Thursday, Sunday and Monday... Every week. :)
Yes Ms Swift was a guest in NY yesterday. I believe she lives there.
She was also a guest the week before in KC. Her Boyfriend plays for the Chiefs.
I think Swift was with her boyfriend's mom and Patrick Mahomes wife last night..
the Kelce's are all getting over like fat rats including their mom..
selling soup, selling insurance, other stuff..
hanging out with Taylor Swift.
the other Kelce even has a movie on Netflix..

I don't understand the obsession with Taylor Swift. She has a few decent songs, but seems to be seriously over rated.
Word on the street that the Swifties (her fans) will take anyone out that slights Taylor Swift. She has a massive fan base. Why worry about the US government debt they are going to inherit when one can listen to this:

have you actually listened to Ms Swift?
They are going to take your Man Card away.
As an in law of someone who won Grammys with her, I’m not impressed. Queue the “But she gave $55M” argument again (not)…

We had a massive across-town band event this weekend, What drew the most folks? The Taylor Swift cover band!

What was reported (I don't watch NFL games but will listen/ read the scores) she was a guest in the skyboxes.

Shel, in California this week. California gets a ton of controversial press. But wow, the food, the weather, and the landscape. I know why so many people call California home. The drivers in Southern California seem very aggressive, a middle aged woman likely heading to work this morning in her Accord almost jammed me off the road- but if one can handle the drivers, if one likes awesome food, drink, weather, and terrain---- thelifestyle is very nice.....
You've touched on a few of the tings I like about California.

Right after posting my question to you, I received a message explaining TS's appearance at the games. From the report I received:

"NBC said on Monday that the Chiefs-Jets thriller attended by Taylor Swift and a star-studded crew, as the pop star's relationship with tight end Travis Kelce blossoms in public view, averaged a staggering 27 million viewers, making it the most-watched Sunday show since the Super Bowl in February.

The broadcast, which saw a surge of more than 2 million female viewers, unquestionably owes its record numbers to Swift, whose attendance yet again generated a frenzy of buzz that effectively overshadowed the game itself.

At its peak, NBC said that a whopping 29.4 million viewers were watching the game across linear television and streaming platforms. The ratings were partly powered by a spike in female viewership, including a 53% surge among teenaged girls, according to Nielsen Fast National data. NBC, which leaned heavily into Swift's appearance and cut away to her with live shots throughout the game no less than 17 times, said it was its most-streamed regular-season NFL game ever."

Last edited:
Does anyone know how they figure out ratings? I've never seen a survey or known anyone who has been asked. They could just pull a number out of the air and report on it

I don't understand the obsession with Taylor Swift. She has a few decent songs, but seems to be seriously over rated.
If she were ugly, does anyone believe she would have the success she has today? She does know how to market her talent. You have to look at the individuals who pay large somes of money to see her in concert (Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebies).

I don't think she even compares (talent wise) to the talent that was present back in the 70's.

Last edited:
If she were ugly, does anyone believe she would have the success she has today? She does know how to market her talent. You have to look at the individuals who pay large somes of money to see her in concert (Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebies).

I don't think she even compares (talent wise) to the talent that was present back in the 70's.
She's not ugly- but she far from a " looker". Or what we would call a bombshell back in the day.

In California today, and the big story on the radio in California is that Taylor Swift is now the NFL's biggest name, and her attendance at a NFL game raising the television rating needle.

Fascinating.......
The NFL is still a thing? I've not seen them in St Louis since 2016. I thought they went out of business.

She can’t sing. AutoTune takes care of that.
The odd thing is that autotune was developed for the gas and oil industry years ago. Not quite sure what made it different from group penetrating sonar but.

In California today, and the big story on the radio in California is that Taylor Swift is now the NFL's biggest name, and her attendance at a NFL game raising the television rating needle.

Fascinating.......
I watch my football on Saturdays but the NFL is scripted worse than the WWE.

The kids love her. She is clean cut and writes her own stuff. Also, very generous with her good fortune. Much better than the gangster rappers and hip-hop crap blasting from cars.
She is very generous with her employees, $55M worth!

I'm not a fan of that kind of music, but her marketing machine is the strongest ever! (at least since 4 boys from Liverpool came across the pond)

Taylor Swift is a very good singer, in a karaoke bar. She isin't popular because she has outstanding vocals. I like a few of her songs. Vocally, Taylor Swift is rated as a D+ singer vocally by vocal critics. Miley Cyrus is a B- singer in comparison. Sara Bareilles is an A rated singer and I imagine not everyone reading this knows who Sara is.

Miley does a great job in this pop song. Its not a country song, but her voice has twang in it which is rare in pop music.

The overall rating for the Sunday night game was about 13%, meaning that 87% of TV sets in use during the game were tuned to something else. However the situation was the opposite in Kansas City, where 83% of TVs in use were on the game. That set a record. Even without Swift, considering it was the defending champions, celebrity QB, and NYC team at home, it was going to be more watched than a typical regular season game. The ratings and number of viewers were high for Sunday night, but when the Sunday late afternoon game is on one network, those kind of ratings are routine for the afternoon game.

I'm not saying she wasn't a factor, but she wasn't the factor, and the TV ratings were above average but not exceptional. Radio people are of course looking out for their own ratings and like to make mountains out of molehills.

Last edited:
This still blows my mind that someone with very little in her repertoire music wise is this popular!. What is it with people? There are so many great artists and yet Taylor Swift is still popular and raking it in. I could see a bump in ratings if she was the athlete on the field but just for dating a player...
There are droves of people who think Bob Dylan is a great singer and songwriter. I think each and every one of those needs their hearing checked because all I hear is a recording of a racoon being drowned in the woods, recorded on a dirty tape, with this...

s-l1600.jpg

I hear nothing of value just sound waves run through a garbage disposal but I don't disparage them for their musical tastes as I am sure they feel equally about my death metal. One does not have to sing like Hank Williams or Aretha Franklin to be good at their craft. Heck even The Beatles aren't really great singers but that never stopped them, they sang catchy tunes.

This is more of the same old men yelling at the clouds than anything.

The KC Chiefs come here to Minnesota this coming Sunday for a game. It isn't prime time so guessing she won't show up, but it's all anyone talks about here. Will Taylor Swift show up?

But then again the Vikings haven't given anyone a reason to be excited about the actual game this year.

Back