NFL Playoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sopususer
NBC Sports will be the winner.

$5 million + for a 30 second ad.

And the NFL....

Who are The true losers?

All the fans paying ridiculous prices for "official merchandise", tickets, etc.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
ABTC!!!! (anyone but the chreatriots)

I firmly believe Belicheat cheated his way thru school, cheats on his wife, cheats on his diet.....

I think it's amazing that Belichick and Saban have been best friends for 30+ years, shared strategies, techniques, and championship-winning teams... but yet not a peep about how Saban has achieved a mirror of Belichick's success, albeit at a different level of the sport. Either they both are, or they both aren't. The rest of their approach (and results!) are too similar that anyone with an objective analysis could argue any different. If you say Belichick's cheating and Saban isn't... then you are admitting that the "cheating" has not resulted in any competitive advantage and the argument is therefore moot.

It blows my mind that people who simply aren't intelligent enough (or won't work hard enough) to be the best always resort to the "he's cheating" when confronted with someone who puts in more time, effort, and thought than they do. If you want something bad enough that you will bust your tail before your opponents get up until after they go to bed to become the very best, you can achieve greatness no matter what your initial limitations. Look at draft pick #199 in the 2000 NFL draft, or the #2 pick in the 1998 draft for the converse if you have any questions.
smile.gif

None of my teams even made the playoffs and I almost don’t have any favorites now. Great stories with Case Keenum inexplicably and all of a sudden playing like a superstar, Jags completely turned around under Tom Coughlin. Can Foles pull it off? Just looking forward to good games today and in the SB.

I bave a miilion other things I should be doing today but will probably cave in and watch football.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
ABTC!!!! (anyone but the chreatriots)

I firmly believe Belicheat cheated his way thru school, cheats on his wife, cheats on his diet.....

are we a little jealous of a coach and organization who outworks and out coaches their opponents, when he retires the should call it the Belichick trophy!

Go Pats!

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Who cares!

Many millions of NFL fans care quite a bit.

LOL

Lots of funny things in the world, fans caring about a sport seems to be an odd thing to think is so funny as to result in loud laughter.

" Will the lady who dropped off the 11 kids, please come get them. They're beating the Patriots 14 to nothing" popular 70-s -80s graffitto
It was tough to be a Pats fan in those days

Due to Deflate-gate, Brady missed the first 4. Pats won 3 of them. Only cost Tom 250K per game. Comes back, game 5 fresh as a daisy. Pats go all the way. Again. Key players get banged up, Belichick makes some moves, a player gets some priceless education and more often or not they eke out a win. Also, ever notice how if there is a loose ball or a tight call, it goes their way? Dunno how they do it, but Patriots seem to have a better sense of situational awareness. Jedi mind tricks?

Time to turn the TV on and watch the first of what should be really good games. We are expecting ice and snow so went to store this AM and of course brought home chips, dips and other kinds of food to snack on. Good thing the playoffs and SB only roll around once a year.I particularly like to watch that big Gronk run those patterns.

Last edited by a moderator:
where are the pats/brady haters? the game has been over for over 40 minutes.it's funny when the haters (for no reason, except continued excellence)are silenced. had the pats lost, there would be 15 posts here, immediately after the game ended.
have a good evening, haters. (I'm no pats fan).

Good game,,and how can anyone hate on Brady, giving his presser now, humble, gives praise to team mates, congratulates other team , well spoken, role model.

Hilarious how soon people forget that Brady can't beat Giants in Super Bowl.

Oh dam, did I just say that?! Thought so

Originally Posted By: car51

beat 5 other teams though, hows the gints doing lately?

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Good game,,and how can anyone hate on Brady, giving his presser now, humble, gives praise to team mates, congratulates other team , well spoken, role model.

^ this.
brady and the team are hated for continued excellence. can't argue with logic like that. the best thing is that the haters will now have (at least) a two week mad on for the world.
i love it.
nearly an hour and fifteen minutes after the game ending, and the haters are conspicuous by their absence.

Originally Posted By: car51

Oh, so they're going to play the Giants in the SB this year?
;^)

I'm not much of a Pats fan, but that was a heck of a game. Funny to watch the Jags look pretty good (and I thought a little dirty, helmet hit on Gronk as well as lots of tackles around the neck and a spear that wasn't called) and then go into "Oh God I can't screw this up" mode while the Pats went into "Gotta get this done" mode. Very interesting to see Hoodie Bill actually celebrate the run for a first down that iced the game after doing his best impersonation of a statue of a constipated man up to that point.
I hope Gronk can play in the SB...I enjoy watching him. I would have picked Amendola for MVP, would guess Brady probably got it.

Originally Posted By: yeti
where are the pats/brady haters? the game has been over for over 40 minutes.it's funny when the haters (for no reason, except continued excellence)are silenced. had the pats lost, there would be 15 posts here, immediately after the game ended.
have a good evening, haters. (I'm no pats fan).

This....^.

First time I've seen Belichick look happy all season. By now, though, he is probably watching the Eagles and plotting counter moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back