Whirlpool dishwasher

The top 10 dishwashers in Consumer Reports are all Bosch. Whirlpool is there but down aways in the rankings.
I don’t consider Consumer Reports as a very reliable guide. I once had a subscription. I bought a Maytag dishwasher on their recommendation. It was garbage. This was pre-Whirlpool days. I bought a set of General Altimax RT43s on their recommendation. The worst set of tires that I’ve ever owned. Thankfully the dealer replaced them.

I don’t consider Consumer Reports as a very reliable guide. I once had a subscription. I bought a Maytag dishwasher on their recommendation. It was garbage. This was pre-Whirlpool days. I bought a set of General Altimax RT43s on their recommendation. The worst set of tires that I’ve ever owned. Thankfully the dealer replaced them.
This doesn’t mean that Bosch aren’t reliable dishwashers. Buy from an appliance dealer that services the brand that you purchase. Avoid buying from Lowe’s, Home Depot, or other big box stores.
When the time comes to replace mine, I will look at Bosch, GE Profile, Kitchen Aide, and Whirlpool.

Does the motor run? A dishwasher is a very simple machine. When the motor turns one way it pumps the water up to spray over the dishes. After doing that for a while, the timer starts the motor in reverse, which pumps the dirty water out of the machine.

Does the motor run? A dishwasher is a very simple machine. When the motor turns one way it pumps the water up to spray over the dishes. After doing that for a while, the timer starts the motor in reverse, which pumps the dirty water out of the machine.
This has a main pump and drain pump. I misdiagnosed the problem. It had enough water to run but the main pump motor was broken.

New dishwasher time.

You do realize Thanksgiving is coming and I really don't want to be the reason for no working dishwasher in wife's eyes.

Found a KitchenAid at a local appliance store that will be installed next week. KitchenAid is the higher end of Whirlpool.

Appliance repair guy said he works on Whirlpool the least of all dishwashers. So hoping KitchenAid will fall into that bucket also.

Almost bought a kitchenaid. but the maytag went on sale and the kitchenaid off sale literally same day I was ready to order from costco.

I also like the double warranty costco offers... used to be 4x with their CC.. but no longer

Back