Fleck softener issues - hoping someone has some input

Ahhhh, gotcha.

Would you re-phrase this for me? How am I verifying that there's a vacuum?
How verify vacuum quickly is to put it in the brine mode, the I take the tube that goes to the top of the foot valve and undo the plastic nut. Then just feel with your finger for vacuum at the end of the tubing or put it in a small glass of water to watch.

How verify vacuum quickly is to put it in the brine mode, the I take the tube that goes to the top of the foot valve and undo the plastic nut. Then just feel with your finger for vacuum at the end of the tubing or put it in a small glass of water to watch.
Gotcha, thank you.

I guess mine is a Morton and there are 5 cycles. The ferrule nut is what goes to the tubing for the foot valve.

It's also important when taking the venturi apart to get the flow plugs oriented correctly.

Water softner venturi.jpg

Water Softener 5 Recharge / Regeneration Stages
After a period of time, the resin beads get coated with hard minerals and need to be cleaned. The cleaning process is called "recharge". Recharging consists of five stages: Fill, Brining, Brine Rinse, Backwash, and Fast Rinse. Note: The times for each of these stages will vary.
Fill
Salt dissolved in water is called brine. Brine is needed to clean the hard minerals from resin beads. To make the brine, water flows into the salt storage area during the fill stage.

Brining
During brining, brine travels from the salt storage area up into the resin tank. Brine is the cleaning agent needed to remove hard minerals from the resin beads. The hard minerals and brine are discharged into the drain.
The nozzle and venturi create a suction to move the brine, maintaining a very slow rate to get the best resin cleaning with the least amount of salt.

Brine Rinse
After a pre-measured amount of brine is used, the brine valve closes. Water then continues to flow in the same path as during brining, except without the brine. This flushes hard minerals and brine from the resin tank into the drain.

Backwash
During backwash, water flows up through the resin tank at a fast flow rate. This flushes out an accumulated iron, dirt, and sediment from the resin bed and into the drain.

Fast Rinse
Backwash is followed by a fast flow of water down through the resin tank. The fast flow flushes brine from the bottom of the tank. It also serves to pack in the resin beads. The water softener system returns to water softening service after fast rinse.

Back