Where and how do you sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually my left side. Always with a pillow between my knees, kelps my back. I get restless sleeping on my back. I'm very comfortable on my stomach but have a hard time falling asleep if I try.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
I have a fantastic set of pillows that are self-heating that I find I sleep the best when I'm snuggled up to them
grin.gif

Wait... They make heated pillows? There goes my utility bill through the roof!

These actually belong to my wife but she is generous enough to let me use them some nights
wink.gif

Zoooooommmm right over someone's head
lol.gif

As I read that I was like oh yeah... Anatomy 101
lol.gif

Last edited:
Generally equally between left and right side...

This does bring up a phenomenon we typically do not think about .. The absolute necessity that we do move about in our sleep.... This helps prevent pressure areas on our bodies... And why our older adults get pressure areas that can become very severe wounds... Because they cannot turn themselves in their sleep. People with bony prominences are obviously most affected by lack of movement while sleeping.. And people with diabetes on top of that really are ones who get in bad shape very quickly. I have seen wounds that went all the way down exposing spinal cord bones and sacral bones.... And trust me... Sepsis is almost always the end result. I saw a lady who had wounds that bad in the wound clinic, she was alert and oriented to person, place, time and circumstance... A week later she was admitted to the floor and she was totally out of it and obviously extremely sick from being septic..

Left side or back. I toss and turn so it may well be any position. Right though tends to bring some acid reflux or the like so I don't think I stay there for long. No idea what foam mattress but it's not too soft, typical sheet and comforter, single pillow. Nothing fancy.

When I was a kid I could sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag, not sure if I could pull that off now or not. I have to be pretty tired to fall asleep in a car (or sick), but as I get older power naps are starting to sound real good.

I'm not good at sleeping. It takes me a long time to fall asleep. But I always sleep on my side... I'll sort of alternate which side though. I'm jealous of people that sleep on their back, as I've heard it's much better for your body.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back