What is your maintenance schedule on oil changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7500 miles on the Tacoma or every 6 months, whichever comes first using M1 AFE 0W-30 and either a TG or XG filter.
5000 miles on the Contour, regardless of time/months, using QSGB and a Motorcraft filter, it's a cheap DD so it doesn't get anything fancy.
5000 miles on the 7.3 Powerstroke, regardless of time/months since it sits around the most and is hardly used. Can usually go 2 years on an OCI, using Rotella T6 synthetic and a Fram OCOD filter, which is one of the few orange Frams that has metal end caps, but lacks the sure grip on the end which is kinda inconvenient for removal. Filter tends to be a bear to remove due to heavy towing creating vacuums inside the engine that sucks the filter to the mounting surface really tight. This is a problem with all diesel trucks but the 7.3 seems to be the worst with it! Next oil change I'm taking it to someone, last time I threw my back out trying to get the filter off.

5k + 5k, they both burn some oil, both synthetic oil, and the easiest OCI to remember

I try to do my OC as close to 5000 mi as possible, but I have went to nearly 7k on a few occasions. About 80% hiway and 20% city all 3 rides get a diet of regular conventional oil.

10k miles. Oil is what ever I buy on the cheaper side. 10/30 mostly syn , some blend and conventional.
For about the last 30k miles I have been using 15/40. Truck has about 230k miles. 4.3 V6 2007 chevy classic.
I plan on running this truck until either the engine craps out(unlikely) or the transmission(likely).

Use the minder for the most part. Probably around 6,000 miles.
I service friend's cars because I enjoy doing so and it helps them out/
For example, one gal (a widower) has a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the insane $70 oil filter, which probably costs less than $2 to make.
Others are not as economically fortunate and/or do not take care of their vehicles. So I try and keep then alive.

All good.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
... 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the insane $70 oil filter...

What engine is that? That seems crazy!

I change every 5k. It's easy to remember that way too, 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k, 25k and so on. Synthetic, switched from Amsoil to Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 and Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5w-30 depending on vehicle. Still have a couple gallons of Amsoil left I need to and will use.

2015 Ford Focus. 999cc 3-cylinder with turbo, DI and an oil-bathed timing belt. Car has no oil/service interval system.

5,000 miles on full synthetic. Usually QSUD or Valvoline SynPower ($2.99/qt at Menards).

I did 5k for a number of years ... but last few years most are around 7k based on OLM.
Going to switch the Fusion to yearly even if a bit more than 7k - it's the most difficult to change ...

My 2000 Honda accord gets its oil changed at 10000 mile intervals. My workday commute is around 55 miles each way on the highway. I buy whatever semi or full syn that I can get cheap by reading BITOG. M1, T5, RP, etc. I ordered a bunch of house brand oil filters from Rock Auto 3 years ago for 1.38 each. I use Fram air filters. Currently have 234000 miles on the car. I do change the transmission fluid every 30000 with Honda fluid as the transmission is problematic.

2012 Highlander 3.5 running Mobil1. 10K OCI.
2016 F150 2.7 EcoBoost running Motorcraft semi/syn. 7.5K OCI based on analysis results.

Currently 10K with Amsoil SS 0W30 in my 4.0L Tacoma with 5K filter changes. I may run their XL line and do six month changes.

18 CRV Amsoil SS 0W20 olm roughly 7500 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back