What Exactly Makes An Oil "European Formula"

I talk about GTI and GolfR in North America version, not Audi. Yes VAG finally copy the 8 years Lexus technology. Audi makes good engines may be right. Good does not mean reliable. There are some legendary VAG engines, but not many anymore from what they offer these days. Look VW sale number in USA, compared to Hyundai and KIA, it is not even close

Yes Hyundai and Kia will finance to just about anybody and the cars are much cheaper. Of course they will sell more.

I also have to lol @ suggesting an H/K is more reliable, especially the engine, than a VAG product.

oh no, the a7 c6 was created :D

Yes Hyundai and Kia will finance to just about anybody and the cars are much cheaper. Of course they will sell more.

I also have to lol @ suggesting an H/K is more reliable, especially the engine, than a VAG product.
They have dual injection, but still don't know how to make brake booster so making owners replace one at 120,000 miles as "preventive" maintenance.

Reviving this thread because I came across a post from LSJ that stated "ACEA specs do not prohibit the use of ester base oils." This was also stated by an Amsoil guy. That is news to me. .

If you remove SA out of the equation, what exactly makes a European oil better than EP equivalent?

For example - Mobil 1 EP 5w30 vs ESP 5w30 or Amsoil SS 5w30 vs Amsoil Euro 5w30.

The only glaring differences are HT/HS (higher on Euro) and lower SA (lower on Euro).

If you look at Noack of Amsoil SS, it's much better than their Euro line. The only thing I can think of are specific engine tests from the OEMs that recommend a Euro spec oil.

Reviving this thread because I came across a post from LSJ that stated "ACEA specs do not prohibit the use of ester base oils." This was also stated by an Amsoil guy. That is news to me. .

If you remove SA out of the equation, what exactly makes a European oil better than EP equivalent?

For example - Mobil 1 EP 5w30 vs ESP 5w30 or Amsoil SS 5w30 vs Amsoil Euro 5w30.

The only glaring differences are HT/HS (higher on Euro) and lower SA (lower on Euro).

If you look at Noack of Amsoil SS, it's much better than their Euro line. The only thing I can think of are specific engine tests from the OEMs that recommend a Euro spec oil.
The key are specific manufacturer tests and limits. ACEA is just starting point.

Back