Amsoil 0w30 European - 3.5 HTHS and personal health report

thumbnail (2).jpeg

Stevie,
Just seeing this now. I had to have corrective nerve surgery in my lower spine back in 2017 and had a long road of recovery. It was due to a similar every-day movement picking up my shop. The initial pain, and working through it. Then a week later, not being able to even move w/o involuntary tears of pain, I was 33.

Hang in there! Know I am praying for you, even if we never meet, my heart goes out to you in this.

Stevie,
Just seeing this now. I had to have corrective nerve surgery in my lower spine back in 2017 and had a long road of recovery. It was due to a similar every-day movement picking up my shop. The initial pain, and working through it. Then a week later, not being able to even move w/o involuntary tears of pain, I was 33.

Hang in there! Know I am praying for you, even if we never meet, my heart goes out to you in this.
Thank you. Yeah nerve pain is a terrible thing. Especially from Spinal Cord damage. Whole new respect for those dealing with chronic pain. It's one of those things you just have to experience to understand, and once you do, it's something that you wish you never got to experience.

Thank you. Yeah nerve pain is a terrible thing. Especially from Spinal Cord damage. Whole new respect for those dealing with chronic pain. It's one of those things you just have to experience to understand, and once you do, it's something that you wish you never got to experience.
You mentioned a pacemaker of sorts. My wife got a DBS (deep brain stimulator) 20 years ago and I know the neurosurgeon was also doing the surgery for people with severe pain that couldn’t be controlled otherwise.
They were having great results with it. As you said, the battery lasts about 10 years but the battery replacement is a quick outpatient procedure so it’s just the first procedure that’s a bit more involved, plus the initial programming. It’s amazing what those rechargeable batteries can do with n terms of longevity, BTW.

Good luck in whatever approach you take.

I actually just came across this video and while it's directed more toward folks like me that have Spinal Cord Injury and severe chronic back pain, they do mention other folks with neuropathic pain. It really gave me more information on the subject and I thought I'd share it here for anyone else who is struggling.

I actually just came across this video and while it's directed more toward folks like me that have Spinal Cord Injury and severe chronic back pain, they do mention other folks with neuropathic pain. It really gave me more information on the subject and I thought I'd share it here for anyone else who is struggling.

Look for a documentary called “Twisted”. It’s about three people with Dystonia - my wife is in it and it goes into the DBS (pacemaker) a bit and might be interesting to you.

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd let you all know about Amsoil 0w30 European 3.5 HTHS oil. It's a pretty decent price and Amsoil claims it also meets API SP requirements on top of all the European tests they have completed.

I switched over to it in the Caravan because I was looking for a 0w30 with as high of a HTHS as possible and this oil fits the list for me. I was using the XL 5w30 previously and it had a HTHS of 3.3 which led to excellent results on the UOA's I had run.

I'll post a UOA here in ~6 months when I've accumulated a few miles.

As for me because some of you have been asking... I'm getting along well with my Walker / Canes and leg splints. I can manage about 300ft before my legs / hip get tired and I need to sit down. The biggest challenge hasn't been adapting to my new impairments from the Spinal cord Injury, but the associated chronic tremendously bad neuropathic pain.

I'm on 11 medications in total to try and control it, while they do knock it down about 30% they comes with some really awful side-effects like brain-fog that no amount of coffee can solve, vertigo at times, short term memory problems, cognitive issues at times, and lethargy. I nap a few times a day.

I'm waiting to get in to see a Spinal injury pain clinic here in my hometown to discuss spinal nerve blocks, nerve ablation (destroying nerves with heat), and/or an implant like a pacemaker but for the spinalcord that shocks the spinal cord near the damage to keep the nerves busy. (This would need a replacement every 10 years).

Honestly I do anything at this point to make the horrific pain episodes stop. Screaming into a pillow for hours at times because it's so bad and then passing out from exhaustion some hours later.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Steve
I wonder how well the 0W20 would stack up in the Pilot.

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd let you all know about Amsoil 0w30 European 3.5 HTHS oil. It's a pretty decent price and Amsoil claims it also meets API SP requirements on top of all the European tests they have completed.

I switched over to it in the Caravan because I was looking for a 0w30 with as high of a HTHS as possible and this oil fits the list for me. I was using the XL 5w30 previously and it had a HTHS of 3.3 which led to excellent results on the UOA's I had run.

I'll post a UOA here in ~6 months when I've accumulated a few miles.

As for me because some of you have been asking... I'm getting along well with my Walker / Canes and leg splints. I can manage about 300ft before my legs / hip get tired and I need to sit down. The biggest challenge hasn't been adapting to my new impairments from the Spinal cord Injury, but the associated chronic tremendously bad neuropathic pain.

I'm on 11 medications in total to try and control it, while they do knock it down about 30% they comes with some really awful side-effects like brain-fog that no amount of coffee can solve, vertigo at times, short term memory problems, cognitive issues at times, and lethargy. I nap a few times a day.

I'm waiting to get in to see a Spinal injury pain clinic here in my hometown to discuss spinal nerve blocks, nerve ablation (destroying nerves with heat), and/or an implant like a pacemaker but for the spinalcord that shocks the spinal cord near the damage to keep the nerves busy. (This would need a replacement every 10 years).

Honestly I do anything at this point to make the horrific pain episodes stop. Screaming into a pillow for hours at times because it's so bad and then passing out from exhaustion some hours later.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Steve
How do you like the Amsoil European 0W30? How does your Pentastar seem to run with it? I am thinking about running it in my Gladiator 3.6.

****, makes me think I should be grateful that all I have is spinal stenosis. Had a decompression laminectomy on my L4, L5, S1 on September 1st. Still recovering but you definitely have it worse

Hope things are well

I worked for a para couple in my 20s. They built their own (concrete) sailboat and sailed from Rhodesia to South Florida themselves. They ran a power equipment shop in Ft. Lauderdale. I learned a ton there. Pete would use the hoist in the shop to pull out of his chair, and we would swing him over to the engine compartment of the tractor, and he would sit cross legged and work on it. Incredible upper body strength. Amazing story and amazing resolve. Sounds like you. All the best. Yes miracles do happen all the time. They wrote a book, An Ocean to Cross. A great read.

1696690459135.jpeg

1696689959544.jpeg

Last edited:
Back