What disturbs/angers you while driving?

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
Following TOO close. Too many drivers in our city that don't know how to determine following distance because they can't count to three. DUH

Trust me, they know. Brake test them, they'll know.

Drivers that swerve halfway into the left lane to make a right turn (or swerve halfway into the right lane to make a left turn).

Rolling coal.

Cars with privacy glass. Their drivers are blissfully unaware of what's going on around them and generally respond to changes in traffic situations about 3 seconds later than they should.

Idiots in their mirrors and cell phones.
I don't mind getting a new car, but getting sandwiched on my bike is less appealing. And people give me dirty looks when I position my front wheel like I'm trying to split lanes.

People that merge, turn right, turn left, go straight without looking at the traffic light and for existence of other traffic suck too, especially on a 45+ MPH road, hard to maneuver on standing water, ice, other fun stuff.

This post will be too long, to sum it up, I hate everyone. Everybody sucks in own their special way.

I could care less about majority of driving but I cannot read minds, so simply lack of turn signals. I could care less if driver is going to cut me off but the signal gives an indication at least.

Left lane hogs whatever, pass.on the right. Cell phone use used to bug me but people are really great at it or simply pull over and use them. Strangely my state actually has laws about hands free despite live free or die.

There is so much inconsiderate, oblivious, passive aggressive and distracted driving these days from people of all ages that I simply refuse to allow it to bother me any more.
I take pride in driving well and being kind to the machinery.
I refuse to be drawn into stupid contests while commuting or doing weekend errands or trips.
I do succumb every now and then and show some kid with a riced Civic that the loud exhaust and CAI really don't give his car more power than my bone stock Accord. I also sometimes prevent people from passing from an expiring right lane.
For the most part, though, I just run my own race and allow the madness to happen around me without getting any response from me.
You can't control the actions of others, but you can control your reactions to them.
Plus, way too many wingnuts go armed these days, often legally.

Lack of consideration for others and impatient people.

Plus, please get out of the left lane if you are not passing.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
This post will be too long, to sum it up, I hate everyone. Everybody sucks in own their special way.

Word of the day: misanthrope

I think most are when surrounded by morons on the road.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Word of the day: misanthrope

I think most are when surrounded by morons on the road.

T-shirt time.

1. People speeding while being incapable of turning their steering wheel into one of the 2 other empty lanes, them getting mad they had to slow down because the single other car on the 6 lane highway isn’t speeding quite as much and obviously it would be impossible on an empty highway to go in another lane.

2. Cell phone use

3. Quintuple micro roundabouts all in a row on a highway

This

Originally Posted By: 28oz

1. Other drivers.

and this

Originally Posted By: E150GT
Idiots

T-shirt time.

Nice ...
lol.gif

Could get a personal plate too: MSNTHRP

Originally Posted By: Rmay635703
1. People speeding while being incapable of turning their steering wheel into one of the 2 other empty lanes, them getting mad they had to slow down because the single other car on the 6 lane highway isn’t speeding quite as much and obviously it would be impossible on an empty highway to go in another lane.

2. Cell phone use

3. Quintuple micro roundabouts all in a row on a highway

We run into this when we visit my wife's family between Milwaukee and Madison, basically in the middle of nowhere with next to no traffic...what the heck?
I'm sure the semi drivers in the area totally love that noise!

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
1) People that won't move left, when I'm entering an interstate, even though the left lane is clear

You do know it's the merging driver's responsibility to adjust his or her speed to merge onto the highway without disrupting traffic flow, right? Even if the left lane is open, that driver is not obligated to move over for mergers...

Agreed if you are through traffic you should be in the middle. Also agreed you should be at least 5 MPH ABOVE the slow lane speed entering the interstate. Around here this would be 75,

Me I am usually at 90 so I can hit the middle lane without disruption.

60-65 mph on the highway is like 1947.

This is almost 2020.

You got likely 200HP Use it.

If you are on a 4 lane highway there is no middle lane, in which case drivers should stay in the right lane except to pass, which is why it's the MERGER'S responsibility to enter the highway without disrupting traffic flow...

Following TOO close. Too many drivers in our city that don't know how to determine following distance because they can't count to three. DUH

They know, they're trying to intimidate you into driving faster. You're not driving fast enough to suit them, so they keep pushing...it has just opposite effect on me. The closer they get, the more I slow down until they finally get the message. Eventually, they either pass me or back off...

Somebody had touched on one earlier that I see quite often these days, and that's when another driver does something completely stupid/illegal/dangerous and you honk at him/her, or you just happen to be in their way when they make their stupid maneuver, then they give you the dirty look/gesture as though you did something wrong...not only don't people know right from wrong anymore, they can't accept when they've done something wrong, they have to blame it on someone else...

Distracted driving.

Stop texting, stop snap chatting, stop using facebook, stop posting/taking selfies, stop playing with your infotainment, and F'ing drive.

Literally the most common cause of accident I saw while working in insurance. The unfortunate thing is many of these people (from all age groups) are so clueless, they didn't think they did anything wrong, even when innocent lives were lost.

They know, they're trying to intimidate you into driving faster. You're not driving fast enough to suit them, so they keep pushing.

Somebody had touched on one earlier that I see quite often these days, and that's when another driver does something completely stupid/illegal/dangerous and you honk at him/her, or you just happen to be in their way when they make their stupid maneuver, then they give you the dirty look/gesture as though you did something wrong...not only don't people know right from wrong anymore, they can't accept when they've done something wrong, they have to blame it on someone else...

The ever increase in these kind of activities on the roads is just another sign of the "me, me, me" mentality and the continued downfall of society.

1) People putting around during more open traffic areas during rush hour. It's not a Sunday drive in the country. Everyone else on the road is trying to get home and see their families.
2) People that don't accelerate on an entrance ramp to an expressway (Prius drivers most of the time). You're going to get people injured doing that.
3) As previously mentioned - when there is NO ONE behind you and people pull out in front of you and just putt along. It's rude and dangerous.

So basically: slow people.

Back